Sign in to follow this  
archer3

Landing lights

Hi everybody,

I am very pleased with Carenado's Kingair C90 but have a problem with landing and taxi lights.

At first I thought they were not illuminating the ground, but I finally found that by raising my position in the plane I coud find a small area illuminated in front of the plane. In the real world this area would be about 3 to 4 meters long. It is almost impossible to move the aircraft by night in those conditions. It's like taxying with a pocket light !

Other add-ons (e.g. PMDG 737 NGX) have correctly illuminating landing and taxi lights.

Is it possible to improve this situation ? Can anyone help ?

Thanks.

Hi everybody,

I am very pleased with Carenado's Kingair C90 but have a problem with landing and taxi lights.

At first I thought they were not illuminating the ground, but I finally found that by raising my position in the plane I coud find a small area illuminated in front of the plane. In the real world this area would be about 3 to 4 meters long. It is almost impossible to move the aircraft by night in those conditions. It's like taxying with a pocket light !

Other add-ons (e.g. PMDG 737 NGX) have correctly illuminating landing and taxi lights.

Is it possible to improve this situation ? Can anyone help ?

Thanks.

Hi there,

the landing lights themselves seem to be fully incorporated into the model so a tweaking of the fx-files is impossible, but I use the Shockwave lights on this plane here and it gives a much more realistic feel at night , but the 3d cones of shockwave lights seem to be overbrightened at daytime ... so there is also a drawback.

Try to play around with photoshop open the LM.dds in /Texture.Common