Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Adding an airport to the PMDG Database

I thought I had got the hang of this, but having gone through the procedure and checking it, the PMDG 737NG FMC still tells me that the airport is not in the database. Can anyone say what I am doing wrong please?

I am trying to add Tuticorin VO1X... I have added the following lines to the wpnavapt.txt in the FMCWP/Navdata folder, putting the lines in latitude order, as usual.

TUTICORIN SOUTHWEST VO1X10 06434103 8.724604 78.018406000.0010300129

TUTICORIN SOUTHWEST VO1X28 06434283 8.721327 78.035917000.0028300129

I think the values are correct - and then made the following simple SID/STAR txt file, which is in both the FMCWP/Navdata/SIDSTARS and PMDG\SIDSTARS folders.

// VO1X - TUTICORIN

FIXES

FIX CIT LATLON N 08 43.38 E 78 01.63

ENDFIXES

RNWS

RNW 10

RNW 28

ENDRNWS

SIDS

ENDSIDS

STARS

ENDSTARS

APPROACHES

APPROACH ILS10 FIX CIT RNW 10 TRK 103 UNTIL 1500 FIX CIT 2500

APPROACH ILS28 FIX CIT RNW 28 TRK 283 UNTIL 1500 FIX CIT 2500

ENDAPPROACHES

GATES

ENDGATES

I have ensured all blanks spaces are spaces and not tabs... Have I forgotten something vital?

Many thanks,

Martin

You also need to add the ARPT to the airport.dat file located within the same subfolder as the wpnavapt.txt file.

This is where the PMDG FMS 'looks' to find the ARPT you are entering on the RTE Page 1 as either the ORIGIN or DEST...if it cannot be found you get the 'not in database' message in the SCRATCHPAD.

The wpnavapt.txt file holds specific info related to each & every RWY ... orientation, elevation, length & associated NAVAID (frequency & orientation etc)... this file creates (amongst others) the RWY symbology on the ND & also populates the APP REF Page inflight with a DEP & or ARR RWY selected.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Ah yes, that's what I forgot. All works OK now. Thanks!

Martin