Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoloTwo

Random textures missing when arriving at airports

I've been having this issue for awhile but it seems to have picked up more recently. The problem is that SOMETIMES not all the time, when I arrive at an airport for instance either a texture for some buildings might be missing, some AI traffic will be missing there textures, and more common the runway numbering/markings will be totally missing. The only way I can get them to load back in is to restart the game. Not a huge game breaker but it is disappointing to land into PASI without any runway markings and half the buildings missing. Also to note, even if the painted markings are missing, all the rubber marks and the actual asphalt texture will still be there.

Not sure if there is a common issue or not any input would be GREATLY appreciated.

Try different graphics drivers, I had similar issue with my ATI card and new beta drivers fixed it.

Are you already running

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

in your fsx.cfg? I'd recommend that one since it fixes a lot on the memory management of FSX. The unfixed thing could lead to losses like the ones you are describing.

Just backup your current fsx.cfg at C:\Users\SoloTwo\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and try a flight with that added parameter.