Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HercFan

Any of the resident wiz from Ottawa?

Title says it all. I got some hardware issues at my end and just wondering if by any chance any of our resident AVSIM wizard in this forum might be from around Ottawa/Hull/Gatineau...Canada.

My best geek friend (whom built my system) now lives in Vancouver and a long way from his usual help.

I fried an HD last night, but my system is built with "ghost" hdd's to resolve that issue. But I don't have a clue how to do it. So I got a cold 24 of beer (of your choice) if anyone from around CYOW can make a house call!

Bryan K.
Ottawa, Canada
Current virtual hangar: Flight1 BN2 Islander, A2A C182, A2A C172, Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended

Hi Bryan,

I can help, but first if you could get some info from your friend and you

1. Where did he put the ghost partition

2. Which software did he use to create the ghost

3. The HD that quit, was it the one where windows runs from

4. Can you boot into windows?

Vu

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 32 GB RAM, GTX2080Super, SSD for Sim, SSD for system.  XP11.50,  P3Dv4.5

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

34%
    $8,660.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now