Sign in to follow this  
denver69

Clean start with new GTX 580 (Still have AA issues)

I cannot believe this. I bought a new GTX 580 and did a clean reinstall of windows and am in the process of reinstalling FSX plus addons(2 week project)). Nvidia inspector is set up correctly with the new 301 driver. I am actually running 16xS and 4xSGSS and am still getting shimmering on buildings. Certain lines are not AA'ing correctly like lines on runways when seen at an edge and the vertical line on the FO's Navigation Display in the NGX is pretty bad to. From about a mile the terminal at Flighbeam SFO is pretty jagged with the jetways and even up close some sections are not even close. At the same time higher levels are improving allot but correct me if I am wrong. At these settings I should really have to look hard to notice anything. I flew FSX for 100's of hours and never had an issue with the old card and 8xS with no TA.

Everything was wiped clean and reinstalled the correct way this time. Have you guys been able to eliminate pixelation and shimmering completely with your cards? I am wondering if I am holucinating an issue that does not exist. All I know is I think I remember things were better before. I do not think I saw much to complain about with the FO's displays on the NGX or the KSFO terminal. This all started after messing with ENB and installing this 301 driver. I have tried 4 different drivers going back to 275.33 and it is the same thing.

Other than that this card cured my performance issues and I am very happy.

This are the best settings for me with my GTX 570 and the 301.42 drivers :

https://www.dropbox....SX settings.png

FSX internal Target Frame rate set to: 30

FSX settings/display: Filtering set to: Anisotropic

95% Stutterfree and good framerate (normal 28-30 and 19-25 in extreme weather conditions) thanks to Word Not Allowed's manual, Perfect sharp picture, 95% shimmering free, only a bit on water in the far distance.