Sign in to follow this  
Jerad

xbox 360 controller ---> Fsx

has anyone accomplished this? get some extra controls? how about a wireless controller also?

has anyone accomplished this? get some extra controls? how about a wireless controller also?

Yes it works. In fact the Xbox controller works with a lot of PC games. The wireless controller also works but an adapter is required.

I used a 360 controller (wired) for FSX for a little while. It actually wasn't half bad as far as control movements go. The only real issue was sitting at a desk with the controller felt awkward (used ot just laying on the couch while using one).

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Yes it works. In fact the Xbox controller works with a lot of PC games. The wireless controller also works but an adapter is required.

What is this adapter piece i think i wana get it. Where did you get yours?

What is this adapter piece i think i wana get it. Where did you get yours?

I got mine at Target around the time FSX came out. I don't use it for fsx anymore but I do use it for other games. It's actually cool to have because some games integrate with the controller so well the developers actually replaced the icons to the xbox controller icons instead of the keyboard icons.

Here is a link to it. You may want to search around to see if you can find a better deal. I know bestbuy sells(at least 7 months ago) a combo that includes a controller and the adapter. I would assume you live in the US.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Windows/dp/B000HZFCT2