Sign in to follow this  
Alomon

LINDA almost (not) working ?

Hello,

I was previously using VRiSim for my MCP (v1). After having reinstalled my OS, I wanted to test LINDA. I installed FSUIPC then LINDA and everything seems to be fine from LINDA side: "Everything is OK" everywhere on Settings page.

But when I load PMDG 737 NGX settings into LINDA and start FSX with PMDG 737 NGX, then it goes wrong: the texts on my MCP stay the default ones ("SerialFP v2.520...") and nothing happens when I turn the knobs or push the buttons.

Maybe a clue: if I start VRiSim (wether LINDA is stopped or not), the interface wokrs perfectly!

Another one: in LINDA, when I click on "FSX Sync", the 737 is well selected.

Do I have forgotten an important step to activate the interface between the MCP and FSX?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Hello,

have you selected the right COM port?

Is the COM port in VRSim the same you've selected with LINDA?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a suggestion, but have you tried *totally* uninstalling the VR stuff and letting LINDA do its own thing?

I never installed the VR software, and LINDA worked perfectly for me with my MCP from day one, and is still working beautifully almost a year later..

Best of luck,

Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

Hello,

Sorry but I will not be able to test any solution before next wedneday (next week). I will come back to you ASAP, thanks for your help ;)

Regards

Rudy

Hi, I experienced exactly the same issue on my new VRsim Mcp ver. ll Boeing. I am using FSX with Pmdg Boeing 737 NGX and all Linda settings are in 'green' including the COM port (Com 3) . Looks like Linda is connected to FSX properly but the MCP is not. VRSim app is working fine allowing the Mcp get connected to the FSX plane while using the same port. As suggested here I tried with VRsim uninstalled , just Linda using the emulated COM port 3 still visible via Win Dev. Manager but the same happens, Linda works with Fsx but is not connecting the MCp hardware which shows just the startup info on its 2 displays. In my case UAC is disabled all apps are installed on a second harddrive, there's no windows or antivirus interference. Fsuipc 4 ini file shows Com 3 for VRsim MCP. The Com port itself looks fine but I will try to change it by using other USB ports aand the same emulator drivers. Any sugestions are welcome, thank you in advance.

I had such issues with my old combo. I had to reset it always prior (? can't remember) starting FSX.

Thought a long time that is normal behave of the combos as it was from day 1.

I don't know if it was a fault of my system ... however my combo II now works flawlessly.

I just can recommend to try several USB ports, especially now Hubs, ro to connect power to the Hubs.

Otherwise, reconnect it before starting FSX.

If it's so and no solution you have maybe to contact VRInsight (but if VRSim runs it should also with LINDA - I had the problems also with VRSim then...)

Maybe also trying to update USB drivers?

Guenter Steiner

I had such issues with my old combo. I had to reset it always prior (? can't remember) starting FSX.

Thought a long time that is normal behave of the combos as it was from day 1.

I don't know if it was a fault of my system ... however my combo II now works flawlessly.

I just can recommend to try several USB ports, especially now Hubs, ro to connect power to the Hubs.

Otherwise, reconnect it before starting FSX.

If it's so and no solution you have maybe to contact VRInsight (but if VRSim runs it should also with LINDA - I had the problems also with VRSim then...)

Maybe also trying to update USB drivers?

Your fast reply is much appreciated, thank you. I will try to reinstall the USB to Serial drivers and change the COM port nuber by using different USB ports.

You are right, Vrsim application works fine, is just LINDA who's failing to take control of MCP v.II and I suspect that although the right port appears in green in LINDA settings as well as in Fsuuipc ini file, the port is not really un use.

LISA works fine w/ FSX, when I click "reload LUA" I even get a notiffication on FSX.

Regards

C.

You need to load LINDA before FSX and if you will be using VRiSim too for another VRi device you will need to press reload LUA engine (in LINDA's settings page) after those other VRi devices have connected as sometimes VRiSim still takes over control of the MCP even though Linda had control first.

Cheers, Andy.

Thanks Andy, good to know!

Guenter Steiner