Sign in to follow this  
Marc98504

Aircraft Missing Parts

How come some of my addon aircraft are missing parts if I run my FSX in Directx 9 Mode. Problem is fixed in Directx 10 Mode, however I'd like to run them in Directx 9 so I don't have to deal with the flickering airport textures.

Note that this is doing this on a clean install. It happens on multiple addons. Default FSX planes are not affected.

See attached Image of the Columbia 400.

That's most likely a shader problem, which just means that you need 'a new set'. Just go to C:\Users\Marc\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX and delete the two Shaders folder you see. If in doubt, just move them to your desktop. So you have backup.

After starting FSX, you will see that it takes a bit longer for it to come up. But then you have new compiled shaders and the plane should look normal again.

deleted shader folder, now everything is black....

put the shaders back in all back to normal, aircraft still missing parts though, but at least I can see them in the aircraft window, and in game

Strange thing. Are you running any shader mods, Marc? Namely the ones from Bojote with the Shader 3.0? If so, you need an extra line in the fsx.cfg to make them work. In the [GRAPHICS] section, you would have to add ALLOW_SHADER_30=1. If you don't run the shader mods, you don't need this step though.

Another thing is to still move those two shaders folders away and also move the fsx.cfg, so that FSX generates a new one. If that works, you can manually add your old settings from the backup file.

Edited. I've just deleted my shaders folders, just to check if I gave a bad advice. :unsure: FSX works on the free flight screen, so perhaps stick to the note on the Shader 3.0 stuff.

Not running any shader mods as far as I know....

I haven't installed any that I know of. I did do this automated FSX.cfg tweaker....i forget which it was, I've since deleted my fsx.cfg though....it could have changed something else though.

edit:

it was this:

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

would this have added the shader mods?

Not automatically, but he offers a link to his mods on that site. It's the same author.

The Shader 3.0 stuff is the only error source I could think of when it comes to the black screen you are describing after deleting the shaders folders. So if you have a backup of your fsx.cfg, maybe just add the extra line to allow any 3.0 Shaders to run properly and try again.

Sorry, buddy, I wished I could have helped better. :Worried: