Sign in to follow this  
asanal

Blue Screens

Here I go again. In last two days I received two blue screens.

I was flying from Keflavik to JFK, At 380FL ,100NM to JFK suddenly I got Blue Screen.

I made all available PC checkups and all items passed. Also, I made detailed dust cleaning.

Today I made the same flight and again around 100 nm close to 4Hrs flight at 380Fl I received second Blue Screen.

Here are the two " Windows shutdown unexpectedly" events reports:

Thanks,

1-

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem

BCCode: 1e

BCP1: 0000000000000000

BCP2: 0000000000000000

BCP3: 0000000000000000

BCP4: 0000000000000000

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Description

Description

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e (0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 060112-42104-01.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem

BCCode: 1000007e

BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005

BCP2: FFFFF8000311D480

BCP3: FFFFF880009A9988

BCP4: FFFFF880009A91E0

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 256_1

Description

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8000311d480, 0xfffff880009a9988, 0xfffff880009a91e0). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 060212-39234-01.

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Hi, Ahmet. Are you running an overclocked system? When searching for the The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. term, a lot of folks seem to have problems on three levels. Drivers (mainly video card), memory and unstable overclocking.

So if there is any overclocking running, can you reduce it and check again? On the video card drivers, maybe look for the latest ones being WHQL certified. Don't take any beta versions. The memory thing is a bit tricky, you could (for testing purposes) replace some modules or alter their slots on your mainboard. You can also lower their timings, which means running the memory a bit slower than you are currently doing.

Perhaps post your system details for a closer look.

Guest firehawk44

CoolP is correct. I use the following freeware to check to ensure my drivers are all up to date - http://performersoft.com/driver-performer.php. It's freeware to look for driver updates but, if it finds drivers that need to be updated, you'll have to pay for the program to have them download and install the updated drivers. Of course, if it identifies a bad sound driver, you can go to the website of the manufacturer of the sound card and download the drivers yourself but it's a lot easier to have this program automatically do it.

Best regards,

Jim

CoolP and Jim,

It is good to hear from both of you.

MY PC:

Dell Aurora ALX

OP:Windows i7 Ultimate 64

CPU: Intel core i7 Extreme 980X

Manufacturer OC: 3.33 GHz

Dell OC : upto 4.00 GHz

Memory 6.00GB

Max support memory: 24.00 GB

"problems on three levels. Drivers (1) (mainly video card), memory (2) and unstable overclocking (3)."

1- AS per JIM advised. all drivers are updated, I purchased "Driver Performer"

2- Memory: 6.00 GB ( Test passed)

3-" April, DELL Over clocked the CPU ( paid service) to up to 4GHz. I was having some CTD, Dell deleted 4.00Ghz OC and reinstalled back 4.00GHz OC. Stress TEST done for 2 Hours and passed. Now I am having sudden Blue Screen crashes. I made Alienware Aurora "Alien Autopsy" PC check and System Mechanic PC checks all passed

GPU: Nvidia GF GTX480, Driver Version 8.17.13.124 (Beta)

My questions:

a)Will I remove Dell OC 4.00GHz and go back to Original OC 3.33 GHz ?

b)Will I go back to Dell recommended Video driver 270.57?

What is your advise?

Ahmet Sanal

Nice system you have. I would leave the beta display driver out for testing. Go back one version and get the WHQL version, which we can refer to as being final. Run it as admin (with a right click) and choose the 'clean install' option.

Under normal circumstances, those 4ghz shouldn't be a big problem for your CPU, but I'd still try some flights without any OC running. This is just to check if you still receive a bluescreen. Lets hope not. The thinking is to check the influence of that OC tool and it's 'auto' settings, which could be a bit wonky from my experience.

I don't know what it does to voltages (mostly aims too high) and e.g. RAM divider settings, which could force your RAM to run way higher than planned. Your nice CPU can be overclocked with the multiplier only, but I don't know if the tool uses that method or the more common one (for that socket 1366 CPU) with raising the bus frequency. This is because the smaller models don't allow huge changes on the multiplier, your extreme model is an exception with a free multiplier.

The last part is the one which needs a close view on the resulting RAM frequencies. And that's the point where I wouldn't trust the OC tool too much. Therefore, perhaps try some non OC flights.

OK,I will go back one version WHQL. Then I will make a test flight. Let see what will happen. If I get Blue Screen again. I will ask Dell to go back to Manufacturer OC settings 3.33GHz,. Then I will make couple of test flights, I hope will get good results

Ahmet Sanal

I go back one version of WHQL driver

I made the same flight Keflavik-JFK without any incident. Then I was trying to make another flight from KJFK with new purcahse FsDream Team JFK Airport addon. I got Blue Screen again, This time I captured the error data.

I also spoke with Dell for OC issues, they checked my PC and review the blue screens, If I got one more blue screen , they said OC should be removed (?)

Here is it:

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/871/bluescreenn.jpg

Ahmet Sanal

Guest firehawk44

I also spoke with Dell for OC issues, they checked my PC and review the blue screens, If I got one more blue screen , they said OC should be removed

The BlueScreen error is exactly the same as someone posted in the Windows 7 forum yesterday. I could not find a solution but made some recommendations. Check over in that forum as he has the same issue as you are having with exactly the same BSOD error. I would say that your FSX settings are set too high. You cannot run FSX very long with almost all sliders to the right. FSX will crash and burn eventually. You're running something that is taking up a lot of computer system resources. The FSDT JFK airport is definitely NOT frame friendly.

On my last Dell (XPS 720) I changed the overclocking via the BIOS within the Performance section. I was able to overclock by moving the one slider up a notch and I got it very stable at 3.73GHz. I tried 3.8GHz but started getting a lot of BSODs so moved it back to 3.73GHz. It's a very, very simple operation in the Dell BIOS. Just look for Performance and move the slider up or down to the overclocking you want. I would try going down one notch and see if that stops the BSODs.

Best regards,

Jim

Sorry to hear that, Ahmet. Same as Jim, perhaps head for the OC options and tune them down or even fly a few flights at default clocks. Going for slightly lower FSX settings also removes some stress.

Lets be clear, bluescreens are a really severe sign of a problem. While I think that FSX may CTD here and there for e.g. scenery errors or with some too high settings (high LOD), a bluescreen is a punch in the guts of your system.

CoolP and Jim,

a) "On my last Dell (XPS 720) I changed the overclocking via the BIOS within the Performance section. I was able to overclock by moving the one slider up a notch and I got it very stable at 3.73GHz. I tried 3.8GHz but started getting a lot of BSODs so moved it back to 3.73GHz. It's a very, very simple operation in the Dell BIOS. Just look for Performance and move the slider up or down to the overclocking you want. I would try going down one notch and see if that stops the BSODs."

I opened my BIOS with clicking on F2. I don't see BIOS Performance section and Slider. I am sure I must looking at wrong place. Can you give me the direction to find BIOS Performance Slider?

B)"The FSDT JFK airport is definitely NOT frame friendly._

Umberto , Developer, responded my post regarding Blue Screen as follows:"A scenery can't possibly create a blue screen. Only a low-level driver like ide or video card driver can, so your problem is most likely caused by a bugged video driver, or a wrong video driver setting, or fsx graphic settings which caused the video driver to mis-behave.

You can check what caused the blue screen, by looking into the Event Viewer, in the Tools section of the Control Panel".

I am really satisfied FsDreamTeam "JFK" Airport addons. There are no impact on FPS, Please see below link, Very crowded scenery but still getting 21 FPS.(Some location average was 19 FPS) Newer happened in default FSX JFK airport.

http://img687.images...luescreen2r.jpg

c)My FSX settings are not HIGH, Please see below link:

http://img651.images...fsxsettings.jpg

I also just sent the Blue scree details to Umberto and waiting his response. I agree with both of you to lower the OC settings. I will do it as soon as iI recive the nstruction to locate the BIOS Slider. I start to worry to damage the PC,

Thanks

Ahmet Sanal

I think Jim pointed out that the KJFK scenery isn't light on the system, not that it actually causes bluescreens. So Umberto from FSDT is right of course, something way more basic than some scenery may cause the problem.

However, if FSX is loaded with e.g. a detailed plane and some heavy scenery, it will surely stress the hardware more. But I think the OC is a major factor to be looked at in your case. Can't help you much on the BIOS, but I doubt that there will be a nice slider.

Dell Aurora ALX. Maybe the Dell support can help you on how to change settings. They may even offer a Windows tool for this, which surely helps a bit on the layout. The older BIOS versions (with the DOS like interface) may come in very cryptic for the folks not being used to it. What you should be looking for are the default clock settings, to really avoid any OC influence when testing further.

Guest firehawk44

Umberto , Developer, responded my post regarding Blue Screen as follows:"A scenery can't possibly create a blue screen. Only a low-level driver like ide or video card driver can, so your problem is most likely caused by a bugged video driver, or a wrong video driver setting, or fsx graphic settings which caused the video driver to mis-behave.

Umberto is absolutely correct. If his scenery caused a crash, everyone who bought his scenery would get a BSOD. It's the stress (resources) that you put on your system that causes crashes. As CoolP indicated, Blue Screens are more serious than just a CTD. It indicates something is seriously wrong with your system. May be an overvoltage, undervoltage, overclocking, overheating, a hardware issue with corrupted drivers, a whole slew of issues. You have to investigate your particular system and find the thing(s) that are causing the BSOD. I think I stated earlier that JFK put more stress on my system whenever flying in heavy weather in a commercial aircraft like the PMDG 737NGX. If any of the sliders are too high, it will cause your system to use more computer resources from your memory, your video card, and your hard drive. So JFK is just a small part of the problem. Umberto gets very, very upset if anyone says his scenery causes a crash or his Addon Manager is at fault. Rightly so.

I opened my BIOS with clicking on F2. I don't see BIOS Performance section and Slider. I am sure I must looking at wrong place. Can you give me the direction to find BIOS Performance Slider?

I just downloaded the manual for your computer. On Page 27, it talks about Performance Tuning and "For computers with the Intel Core I7 Extreme Edition processor, the BIOS has preset overclocking levels that allow you to easily overclock your computer." Jumping to Page 32, Chapter 4, under Frequency/Voltage Control, you have the 'Load Level 1 OC Setting' which goes on to state it "Allows you to restore the Level 1 overclocking settings that were shipped from the factory (only displayed with an XE processor)". The 980X is an XE processor. On the next page, Page 33, you have the Overclock Configuration Submenu. Hope this helps.

I agree with CoolP, you should return your system to the Level 1 OC setting if it has been changed.

Best regards,

Jim

I don't think I have have good knowledge to involve with BIOS, but I will open the Manual and read page 27 and .Page 32, Chapter 4.

I just made another flight from KJFK-KIND. After landing just going to Shutdown checklist suddenly CTD happened . Error was Fault Module StackHash_01bf.

Intresting thing, I thought some thing was going to happen when I saw "Line Man" directing me to parking, his arms was missing , I can see his hands with wands..I agree with yours and CoolP suggestion. Tomorrow I will call Dell and remove OC.

There is no harm asking Developer his expertise ideas, They must see many cases, and finds solutions to the problems.

I will be back ( I hope not) to forum if still I am getting CTD/Blue screen after Dell removed OC.

Thanks again to both of you taking your time and trying to help me.

Ahmet Sanal

Here is my final report regading CTD/Blue Screen. Dell removed Overclocking. All problems are solved. I made close to 15 Hours flight with out incidents. :Peace:

Ahmet Sanal