Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

903TT familiarization ride over south Florida and the Keys

The weather was finally kind today and we were able to take delivery of N903TT, our latest Beech King Air acquisition. 903TT is another C90B that enables us to maintain a high degree of parts commonality across the three King Airs we have in service.

Today's familiarization ride took us from Lakeland, Fl (KLAL), initially up to 8,000 ft, across the Tampa/St Pete area, then down the coast for a touch-and-go approach at Punta Gorda. Once back airborne we headed direct for Key West, then skirted the keys up to Miami and across the Florida Gold Coast. Just shy of Palm Beach we requested and got a "direct Lakeland" from ATC. That route took us directly over Lake Okeechobee.

The weather over central Florida was hot and muggy which you can see from the haze. The area was also under a wildfire watch as the thunderstorms we experienced on the way in on Friday, and again yesterday, though locally significant were only scattered.

The clouds and water textures are compliments of Real Environment Xtreme's newly available REX Essentials update.

N903TTKLAL1-L.jpg

Our climb away from KLAL 27 on an initial heading of 250.

N903TTKLAL2-L.jpg

At 8,000 and level over Tampa. The midday sun shadows our fresh repaint in our signature colors.

N903TTKLAL4-L.jpg

Here is a bit better look at 803 Tango Tango taken by Lefty from N5590T.

N903TTKLAL9-L.jpg

Making a turn to the east over Key West

N903TTKLAL3-L.jpg

Later on, skirting the Florida Keys near DROWN intersection on Victor 3 airway

N903TTKLAL5-L.jpg

Overflying the South Florida Gold Coast near Ft Lauderdale

N903TTKLAL6-L.jpg

A panoramic view of Lake Okeechobee

N903TTKLAL10-L.jpg

Thick smoke and haze layer aloft from nearby wild fires as we descent toward Polk County.

N903TTKLAL8-L.jpg

Now below the smoke and haze layer, "on the numbers" for the RNAV/GPS 27 approach back into Lakeland (KLAL)

N903TTKLAL7-L.jpg

803TT flared at the TDZ at KLAL! What a pleasurable aircraft.

Tomorrow we take her back to our FBO at Easton, Md. We are leaving N5590T here for overhaul and will return for her in about 8 weeks. Ugh! If it's not hotter and even more muggy that may be in the middle of hurricane season.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I liked the pictures, and the back story was great! im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB)