Sign in to follow this  
Pauanui

Visiting From New Zealand Want to see a Jetmax setup

Hi everyone,

Yes I'm visiting Los Angeles, United Kingdom, Switzerland and Italy between the 24th June till the 5th August.

I'm very keen on building a flight Sim at home.

Currently looking at Jet Max and was wondering weather anyone out there is building one as well as I would love to see.

Please reply to this forum.

Even if you have a simulator that you have built is similar I would be interested in seeing.

Richard

New Zealand

Planning to build a cockpit too, don't know if I should go 2/3 MIP or all the way.

Jetmax looks like a good integrated solution but once the visuals are all setup -- will I regret having the right side of the cockpit missing?

We're talking a 5 year cockpit construction plan here -- build the 2/3 first, and fill in the rest later?

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Yes I agree, I feel that I would rather go the whole way, looking across and seeing the 1st officer side missing doesn't go down to well with me. I'm probably looking at a five year project as well. I have looked at many different builders of flight simulators and find for professionalism the Flight Deck Solutions is the best. what are your thoughts on this.

Richard

Hi there,

I, like you both, have been considering JetMax setup but the only thing holding me back in the missing FO side. If I could accomplish attaching it later, it would be great but I don't think it's possible.

Please keep in mind that the JetMax line is designed to replace a desk. It is not currently designed to be a 100,000CAD trainer that sells for $15,000.

We expect many desktop simmers to leave the desk and fly using one of the JetMax devices. This is the primary goal for the product.

Good example is the Overhead. Many people asking about this but when do you actually use? For Start Up… Once done. Rarely touched as we all know.

90% of the people we are talking to on JetMax recognize this and are planning to have a monitor available for the overhead, pedestal, VATSIM etc.

The core items required are the JetMax device, computers and software..

Put your money into a bigerg LCD for visuals! Enjoy the experience. Our bet is you are flying a desk right now! Take a big step off the desk with JetMax, lots of time to grow the device.

I'm reconsidering the Jet Max system because it would allow for a smaller radius for a 180 degree visual setup (2 projectors).

The issue with a dual seater is pretty much cost (double of everything!), and when I fly solo most of the time, this might be an issue.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering