Sign in to follow this  
jandjfrench

Strangely depressed by announced changes to Flight

Hi,

I see the reference to fixes to the clouds, improved terrain when Vertical Sync is enabled and reduced flickering of vegetation as promising changes. Not much else sounds like much of an improvement from my perspective. I wasn't aware of most of the problems which were addressed. Apparently we'll still have cockpit flashes and jittery shadows, unrealistic inland water textures, and populated areas that just look goofy in the way they're currently implemented.

After Microsoft offered the Hawaii Expansion and aircraft at a discount on Steam I hoped I would have the resolve to hold out on purchasing Alaska until a similar offer was available. With the daily Aerocaches currently holding the most interest for me I thought I'd likely cave in and just bite the bullet and spend the money. MS has gone a long way to firm up my resolve in holding off. I want to see Flight as being a viable financial enterprise so it continues to exist as a first step to a full featured simulator but I'm less encouraged that this will be the case.

Jim F.

There is a dark cloud in every silver lining eh?

Fair enough....I am not totally sure why you are justifying yourself, no offence. Just don't spend any money on Flight.

Me, I couldn't be happier that they are inplementing TrackIR, and I am honestly not sure how you could not have been aware of this shortcoming...many folks have been whining about the lack of TrackIR for quite a while, since Flight was released.

Anyhow, your opinion is totally respected. Don't use flight, it is not likely to become what you are looking for. I'm holding my breath waiting for Alaksa! ;)

and I am honestly not sure how you could not have been aware of this shortcoming...many folks have been whining about the lack of TrackIR for quite a while, since Flight was released.

I don't see anywhere where he said he wasn't aware that people wanted TrackIR support. He said he want aware of MOST of the PROBLEMS that people had. The lack of TrackIR was just a missing feature, not really a bug/problem.

Brandon Filer

If you want the ideal flight simulator, go down to your local FBO and get your license. Then, when you're flying around, say to yourself, "Man, this is as real as it gets!" But make sure you leave your TrackIr at home, you don't want to freak out the chief pilot.

I don't see anywhere where he said he wasn't aware that people wanted TrackIR support. He said he want aware of MOST of the PROBLEMS that people had. The lack of TrackIR was just a missing feature, not really a bug/problem.

Hi Brandon, I think you missed the point of matt_gold's post - and ommision of a feature item being addressed in the **le update which will make many Flight users very happy. This is appropriate context given the mildly negative outlook of the op. The op does say 'in there perspective' which is granted but I think you well know the history comments in this forum and I think being positive has to be commended. Sorry just my 2cent.