Sign in to follow this  
agtim

A flight to the north - just for 1 post in June :-)

n2012_0.jpg

over Lopez Island

n2012_1.jpg

Orcas Island ahead

n2012_2.jpg

Reaching Point Roberts

n2012_3.jpg

Aligning to final at Boundary Bay Airport

don't stop flying with FU3 :-)

Andre

We'll look into the northern region again. I'm quite busy for the summer but I haven't given up on FU3. It's a great flight simulator, especially for fixed wing GA aircraft. ("Fixed wing" excludes helicopters). I still find FU3 to be superior in terms of ground handling--it's got the real world lateral friction that makes wheels roll forward and skid sideways. So, "ground handling" goes far beyond being a taxiing issue since it's directly relevant to take-offs and landings, especially so for crosswind landings. With rudder pedals or a twist stick for rudder FU3 is a great sim for practicing challenging landings. I have, however, found FU3 to be lacking outside of the normal flight envelope--planes don't enter an unrecoverable stall no matter how far you push it. Thus, we've got a sim from the late 90's that's quite forgiving when you abuse an aircraft, yet it's simulating proper flight better than recent sims, at least the moment the wheels touch or leave the tarmac.

Well, it's been a long time since Ilast used it, but it's still one of my favorites. MS FLIGHT has reminded me a LOT of FU3 - the ground handling you mentioned is sooooooo different from MSFS :-) It's as relistic as it can be... well.... almost :-)

I am really enjoying MS FLIGHT - give it a try Hans!

Regards from an old time chap in the simmers world :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Looks like MS Flight is no more according to other areas of this site.

No way I will be getting rid of FU3 [ or FS 2002 or FS 2004 ] , I still get a lot of pleasure from the older stuff.

Stuart