Sign in to follow this  
N1G

copilot responding to speaker noise

Hi,

I have set the mce.ini to not respond to ATC ptt press, but copilot seems to be picking up my RC4 desk speakers on occasion. Is there anyway to create a ptt for the copilot?

Thanks

Bob

Hi,

I have set the mce.ini to not respond to ATC ptt press, but copilot seems to be picking up my RC4 desk speakers on occasion. Is there anyway to create a ptt for the copilot?

Thanks

Bob

Bob,

Hope this helps:

If co-pilot is picking-up RC4 chatter, one should reposition the speakers in a manner that they don't feed into the microphone.

The ideal usage scenario is to run all sounds through the headset.

If users prefer to run the engine sounds through the speakers, one has to bear in mind the profile speech training is always done without the simulator running. Therefore the speech profile doesn't take into account the background noise.

For the above usage scenario, suggest the following.

Make a recording of the typical ambient noise experienced when running the simulator (just a minute or two recording time)

Next, create a brand new speech profile.

Play the recorded ambient noise in a loop, all while training the new speech profile.

That should improve recognition.

The FS++ team

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Sounds logical... sort of. I have one set of speakers for FSX i.e. engine, environment etc.. The other speakers which are off to the side and not very loud really, is the ATC voices from RC. This is where it seems to be picking it up. I will try first to reposition the speakers maybe a little behind me.

Thanks again for your intuitive ideas!!

Regards

Bob