Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jcomm

A request to the MS FLIGHT Team... Slope wind effects....

This had to come from a glider nut of course...

I have emailled msflight@microsoft.com asking for some implementation of slope winds in future DLCs.

I believe it will require a change in the core code, and I would really appreciate to know it was coded differently from what we had in fs9/fsx...

I noticed while fying the Alaska Stearman landing challenge that, contrarily to what I thought before, there is probably no model of slope winds in MS FLIGHT. At least flying the Carbon Cub under the same weather scenario, with winds gusting to 90 knots, almost perpendicular to the slope, I noticed no lift... We do get updrafts/downdrafts, but nothing really related to slope wind modelling. I believe it's simply updrafts/downdrafts unrelated to the terrain shape.

Of course this would make realistic glider fying a pssibility in MS FLIGHT. If they added thermal modelling then WHOWWWWWW!!!!

BTW: If you keep the fuel low in you Carbon Cub and switch off the engine, it'll perform as good as some rather old gliders I used in the past :-)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

+1

I have also tried to stay up at the slopes ;-) Please give us thermals and gliders!