Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

samtx

Can't walk on hotel roof

I parked my Icon on the roof and popped the canopy to take in the view, but when I hit E to step out I fell to the ground on the inside of the hotel. I was trapped inside invisible hotel walls, but luckily E got me back in the plane. Roof walking is probably not high on the dev team's todo list, but it's odd that the plane and landing gear can rest on the roof, but the virtual pilot view falls through. Anyway, it was a good laugh.

zV1x1l.jpg

6nt2Rl.jpg

Been there done that many times. It is the same with bridges, you can land on the road and even taxie up on the bridge structure, but you will fall through, Interesting because the aircraft shadow will be under the bridge.

Ha, good issue discovery though! Weird how the shadows being drawn twice, inefficient. Might be worth telling them.

Been there done that many times. It is the same with bridges, you can land on the road and even taxie up on the bridge structure, but you will fall through, Interesting because the aircraft shadow will be under the bridge.

Ah, I haven't gotten to bridges yet. A very strange shadow there.

I also haven't been able to walk into any hangars with the slightest elevation above the ground. They need to enable walking up over an elevated edge or a jump key. Another odd thing is that I seem to get stuck when I walk close to planes. I can't turn around, I can only back away. I guess the bounding boxes are very rough. It might as well just be a free floating camera view without collision detection.