Sign in to follow this  
conura

How much of an FPS hit?

Hey all,

I currently run FSX + UTX + GEX + REX Essential and the PMDG 737 NGX with traffic turned off.

I would quite like to add some traffic as my world is a bit sterile. I generally get 27-30fps (capped at 30) on the ground with airport/aircraft traffic off at default Heathrow with some weather. - Dense scenery.

If I was to install Mytraffic X or UT2 or something and put it at 5% Airline only, do you know how much it would lower my FPS? I know the traffic addons at large airports can add quite a bit of traffic even at 5%.

I run a core i5 760 @ 3.4ghz. Is it even worth me buying one of these traffic addons or will it kill my FPS entirely?

The UT2 from F1 has a variable traffic. You can do a combination of keys to reduce the traffic % and increase the % while you are flying... This is one of the best features of UT2.

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I took a decent sized hit when I added MTX traffic - but I run high values around 60%.... at 5% it should be fine.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |