Sign in to follow this  
Stanfitz

The last great race

We are talking about the Iditarod - Dogsled race from Anchorage to Nome.

The race starts the first Saturday in March, so the 2012 race is over. But, you can adjust the time in FLIGHT, so why not fly the support flights that the Iditarod Air Force flies to support the racers. They even have their own website: dogflying.com

I flew into Rainy Pass and it was a blast. (the airport is right on the edge of the lake)

I'll be spending my time flying the Iditarod route. At least till they come up with aerocaches for Alaska

I'm in!

Always looking for ways to immerse myself that bit more...Some sled race mission DLC, perhaps, MSGS? :Big Grin:

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Any chance you could attach a map with the flight plan? Yes I know I could look it up and map it but.... well..... I try to limit time-killing at work to avsim. Always wondered the course they took and I am only up to 140 airports so I could use many more!