Sign in to follow this  
denver69

Where do I get the FSX SDK?

I thought I did not have it but it turns out I do. I think my optical is crapped out. Can I install it on my laptop and trasfer it to my desktop. Can it be in its own folder or does it have to be in FSX?

Thanks

It should be on its own folder, installing it to FSX directory would only make finding things from SDK folders difficult.

So I installed it to an external drive on my laptop and transfered it to my desktop. How do I get FSX to "see" it now. Is it as simple as running SDK Config? I am brand new to this SDK and scenery design stuff.

When I try to update it it says I need the origional version. How do I get the installer to see it? Do I have to make some registry edits?

Thanks

FSX SDK isn't really running inside FSX but out of it, so you don't need to make FSX to see it any way. Basically SDK has many different programs and features inside it, so its not single program but collection of them, and each can be used for different things.

What exactly are you planning to create with it?

I don't know about update thing.