Sign in to follow this  
sully0808

Sound Problem Using Headset with PMDG 737NGX

I just "upgraded" from a 3.5mm headset/mic to a USB Logitech H390. This is my first USB headset/mic. When I use it in conjunction with the PMDG 737NGX the engine and external sounds come through the headset while the internal cockpit sounds still come through my desktop speakers. When I go into the FMC and select the headset as my speaker I lose all internal sounds... they won't come through the headset or desktop speakers. If I switch it back to desktop, it still won't play until I reset the flight.

I would like to:

1. Get all sounds through the headset for when I need to keep the noise down

2. Get the internal/cockpit sounds through the headset and the external sounds through my desktop speakers when I can crank it up!

Thanks for your help in advance!

Kevin Sullivan

800driver.jpg

Have you tried to reset your sound by turning it off and then back on by pressing "Q" twice?

It usually does the trick...

The sound output device for the NGX sounds can be changed in the FMC. Found it myself when I had the same problem.

Is your headset configured as the primary audio device in the control panel?

Yes, my headset is the primary device.

Have you tried to reset your sound by turning it off and then back on by pressing "Q" twice?

It usually does the trick...

I tried this, it did not work. I still have the exterior sounds in the headset and the interior/cockpit sounds on my main speakers.

The sound output device for the NGX sounds can be changed in the FMC. Found it myself when I had the same problem.

When I change it in the FMC from my desktop speakers to my headset, I lose the interior/cockpit sounds completely. Even if I change it back to the desktop speakers I do not get the sounds back. I have to reset or restart.

Kevin Sullivan

800driver.jpg