Sign in to follow this  
Dominicoben

Installing FSX on its own separate Hard Drive?

Forgive me if this seems like a bit of a stupid question. I've searched the internet and nowhere seems to be giving me a straight answer!

Basically, I have 2 hard drives, 500GB and a 160GB. The 500gb is 7200rpm 6gb/s. The 160 is 5400rpm 3gb/s. My windows 7 64bit is installed on the 500.

I want to install fsx on the smaller hard drive so that it doesn't interfere with any of the other files, but in order to do this, do I need to have windows installed on it? At the moment the smaller hard drive has no OS, so I'm wondering if FSX will still run.

If not, can I just create a partition from the larger hard drive and use that?

Thanks

You can install FSX wherever you like. When you go to install it, there is a page that comes up and asks you where to install it to. You just have to read the stuff that comes up on the screen instead of constantly clicking next.

However, if you do this, you will have one of the slowest loading FSX installs on the planet. A 160GB 5400RPM drive is about as slow as it gets nowadays...

I want to install fsx on the smaller hard drive so that it doesn't interfere with any of the other files

Save yourself some occational hard stutters, blurries and extreemly slow load times by investing in a newer harddrive instead of using that slow small 5400rpm drive.