Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mr340

Is it okay to have Two Monitor Connected One DVI & HDMI?

14 posts in this topic

Hi everyone am here having a little trouble deciding which monitor to use. The problem is that i have one 32" LCD TV HDTV that has 4 HDMI ports. An in the other side i have a normal AOC 22" Monitor that only holds DVI & VGA ports , so now i want try HDMI but with out having to disconnect all the time from DVI to HDMI. Because also on my LCD TV i watch netflix an tv shows so when i just want to use my regular pc AOC monitor i won't have to be disconnecting the HDMI cable an connecting the DVI Cable again . So i want to know if its okay leaving AOC DVI Monitor as it is an also leaving the HDMI Cable Connected to my LCD TV . If this is possible an don't affect FSX in some way can both monitors run at the same time having different connectors for each monitor?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The diff connectors do not matter. I run and HDMI/DVI set up with two monitors and use my 32inch LG as a TV (hooked via seperate HDMI to a SAT box) exactly like you want to do.

The only issue is to make sure the monitor setup is the same each time you start FSX (and I can't see why you would change setting and so on). If not the same you may have to reconfigure the settings within FSX each time you run FSX.

The diff connectors do not matter. I run and HDMI/DVI set up with two monitors and use my 32inch LG as a TV (hooked via seperate HDMI to a SAT box) exactly like you want to do.

Thanks for they reply . The problem am having now is that when i turn on my computer the RCA LCD 32 " LCD comes on just like the AOC monitor would but then after a the computer is going to the window vista start screen where the vista logo just pops up then i get the not support screen on my LCD tv . Why is it starting normally an viewing normally if its not supported i don't get it , maybe i need to change something on my LCD TV screen ? Any ideas ?

Are you running them in a dual monitor setup?

No i disconnected the dvi monitor an i just connected my hdmi cable for the first time to my LCD TV Screen

Run them as a dual montior setup, make the TV your main display and your monitor your secondary. Run a second HDMI to your SAT box or cable box.

Once you start swapping cables in and out you will run into issues and start pulling your hair out.

Run them as a dual montior setup, make the TV your main display and your monitor your secondary. Run a second HDMI to your SAT box or cable box.

Once you start swapping cables in and out you will run into issues and start pulling your hair out.

Aww thanks a lot i think this will solve my issue this is my first time running HDMI so i am kind of exited to see how it will look on my LCD TV. Thanks a lot

Me again now i am having some problem when i restart the screen start flashing posting 1360 X 768 but the wierd thing is that when it start it give me 1600 X 900 an there is no flashing . Wawo HDMI on a LCD TV its kind of complicated.

Not really.

What is the native res on the TV?

Okay i manage to stop the flashing screen issue . Now what i have is that when i run fsx everything is good but if any scenery has the color red it looks kind of wierd like lots of dots read or something . I think i need to tune up something or tune down something in the graphic card setting . Any ideas my good friend? :rolleyes:

Is the color depth set to 32bit in the sim and in windows?

Thanks so much for a quick respond. I have put my mouse over the AMD Vision an this is what it reads Color 32 Bpp,1000i, Landscape. Also where in windows do i check this ?

Check in your display settings and your in game settings.

Thanks will do , an you know what is really strange that i only get these red dots when am in full screen view . When i minimize FSX all the red dots are gone an fsx is normal . So i think it is something with the full screen view display . I think am missing something . Any ideas ?