Sign in to follow this  
Taipan

Cockpit reflections or Glass tint texture

Hi Guys,

I've got some inconsistent coverage when looking out the windows.

Is there any way I can disable the glass reflections or the tinting?

I'm not sure what to call it but you can see in this screenshot. I's covering the side windows but not the front fully.

When I move my head with trackir it creates a weird effect where it looks like the tint coverage changes.

Screenshot:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29331868/Screenshots/fsx%202012-07-24%2012-11-11-53.jpg

Any advice would be appreciated, I'm happy to edit the configs or remove any tint texture if you can recommend what to do.

many thanks

I have those too. While they came in very prominent at first, I actually like them. Same for the strong glass effect on the gauges. I wouldn't want to miss that one even if it may be more pronounced than on some other planes of mine.

But I saw the devs already responding to some wish. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/379780-b55-how-to-remove-reflection-on-panel/#entry2420440

I would like the reflection, but it's a bit funky. Like my head is stuck half inside the glass or something.

It's like most of the windscreen has no glass, when the rest of the plane does. Yet if I move my head the coverage changes.

See in the screenshot how the right half of the windscreen is totally clear

It's like most of the windscreen has no glass, when the rest of the plane does.

Ok, if I look at it that way, I understand your point.

I didn't receive that impression so far, but I'll take a closer look on my next flights. Regardless of the outcome, maybe the altered gauge reflection thingy they spoke about in the other thread rules out that issue.

Yep, when they bring that out I'll give it a try.

Hey Dan, after flying her from KSFO to KLAX, I can only give my personal impression on the issue. I'm seeing the partial reflection being part of the way the windscreen is shaped. That's the round shape around the vertical axis of the plane.

I must admit, I would have to look at rw pictures of such structures to determine if the FSX impression is wrong or right. I doesn't came in as being wrong so far. Only thing is the strong character of the reflections in the Milviz Baron. But, as stated earlier, I like it.

Not much of a help, I know. :mellow: