Sign in to follow this  
Guest dlrk

Request to Developers: Failure Generator

Guest dlrk

Hello,

First of all, I apologize if this is the wrong forum.

I've been looking for a add-on to generate failures through FSX's built-in failure system. I am aware that this is possible through SimConnnect, in fact I found a tool that did exactly this that was made for FS9 but worked in FSX(FS Reliability Factor. Unfortunately the developer ditched it, making it impossible to purchase a full version.

So, I'm posting to suggest/request that a developer develop an add-on for FSX that allows random failures to be generated through the FSX failure system at a realistic rate/likelihood(.x percent chance/hour). I'd like to use this to add an aspect of realistic failure simulation the GA aircraft I fly, which unlike the high-quality airliners don't possess their own failure system.

Thanks for reading this,

Darrol

i second that. i've actualy been thinking about something just like this for a while. if i wasn't so busy working on other projects, i'd do it myself. it would be great to be able to say "give me at least one random failure per flight". it would be great training for emergency handling skills, which are rather useful in real life piloting!

Well what an interesting topic came to surface. I must say I've been looking for such addon and even wanted to post a question here, if something like this actually exist. Flying with possibility that anything can go wrong at any time could spice up sim experience a little bit. FSX build-in failures are useless in this case.

I would like to make a start of such an add-on. Do you have any idea about the desired user interface?

awesome! in my mind, it would have options to specify how many failures per hour, and a list of all possible failures with checkboxes, so that you can include/exclude the ones you want to randomly occur.

Do you have an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch? A Add-on will be release in a few days

I would also like such a program and spend few bucks on it for sure.

I see it like dependable on hobbs meter or set by a user reliability in percentage or average failures in 100 hrs.

Do you have an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch? A Add-on will be release in a few days

i have an ipad. looking forward to trying it!

I'm mad up for a program like this! I'd definately buy a copy. I have FS Reliability Factor, but for reasons mentioned above I'm unable to register it. I use fs9 in a 727 home cockpit, so fs9 support would be a must for me. Would love to see engine fires generated as well!