Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seank23

X-Plane 10 default 747 autothrottle/V/S Selector problem

Hi,

I've recently been flying online in XP 10 via VATSIM in the default 747. The first few flights I had done were fine with no problems, I went on holiday for 10 days but when came back I encountered a problem with the 747. The problem was that if I had the V/S Selector on in the autopilot, e.g. I was climbing. If I tried to turn the Autothrottle on to the SPD Setting while the V/S Selector was on, the V/S Selector would disengage . So I can only fly with either the V/S on or the autothrottle on but it won't let me have both of them on at the same time.

I use the xFMC plugin but this wouldn't be the problem because I've flown with this plugin before the problem. Also, when I select the SPD setting for the autothrottle the FLCH setting comes on too and I can't disable it without disabling the SPD aswell, I don't know if this is the problem either because I can't remember if this happened prevously.

Hope you can help.

Thanks.

I've heard (not experienced myself) that with a vertical mode of the autopilot comes a constant climbing effect once the elevator control is established. It was in another post about issues with autopilot on a seneca or some other twin GA on these forums.

Aaron

Well, I've found a work-around that is to use the THR Setting which doesn't interfere with the V/S and does, from my view, the same job.

Thanks.