Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlueGhost

Two brakes, or not two brakes?

Just installed a Saitek Pro Flight rudder (and go all over the place as I learn how to use them). In the meantime, my daughter is just learning the fundamentals so she needs to use the brake button on the Saitek Yoke. I'm having a hard time keeping the yoke braking feature operational. I'll start out with both the differential brakes and the yoke brakes operational (I think), but soon the yoke brakes don't seem to work. I will also confess that I am learning how to set up the control configs too, so that could be part of it. Anyway, would appreciate any suggestions, lessons learned, config recommendations, braking jokes, etc.

Thanks! B)

I have to set up my Saitek rudder pedals in FSUIPC4 as its the only way i can get it to feel the way i think it should but even then the toe brake release can be slow to respond at times, not so bad if you are in a big aircraft but very noticeable in smaller GA aircraft.

I time you do learn to use both left and right breaks correctly which is something im still learning but i have noticed the amount of breaks im applying is getting better and more aligned to each other :)

One thing i did do in fsuipc is to set the break range to about 80% of its maximum to stop the hard breaking effect that fsx loves to do.

Here is my fsuipc data if anyone wishes to try it and if you find the breaking to hard - remember this is for Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals.

LeftBrake=-16192,20480/16

RightBrake=-16192,20480/16

SlopeRightBrake=4

SlopeLeftBrake=4

-Paul-