Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Winstonbaby

Course heading showing up on PFD as dotted line? is this right?

I don't have a screen grab to show it but i've noticed a straight dotted line running through both PFD's inboard (navigation) display. I had not remembered this showing up before and was not sure on how or why it was there.

After some knob turning and investigation, i found that it is representing the course heading on the "Co-pilots side" of the Collins MCP. When i turn the course knob on the co-pilots side, the dotted line turns to indicate the corisponding direction.

This does not happen with the Pilot side Course knob is turned...Is this normal? I just don't remember seeing this before

Thanks for your help on this!

Don

Don Wood

Intel i&2600k overclocked 4.8ghz, nVidia GTX 570 superclocked, Asus P8Z68-V MoBo, Water-Cooled, etc. Saitek PRO Flight System, GoFlight Airline Pilot Package, Track IR, EZDOK Camera, Sceptor 40" 1080p (TV), Home-made 737 MIP with 17" samsung and 15" Dell monitors

The FO's side nav radio was tuned (by coincidence) to a VOR and your nav radio wasn't. It was showing the VOR radial selected by the FO's course knob, if your radio was tuned to the/a VOR aswell there would have been two dashed lines. You can turn the displayed lines off if you wish in one of the PMDG option menus.

Jay Vorkapic

pmdg_trijet.jpg

Thank you folks for your help! I tried to figure it out by myself...but the knowledge base in this forum is far superior than my trouble shooting capabilities. Cheers to all!

Don Wood

Intel i&2600k overclocked 4.8ghz, nVidia GTX 570 superclocked, Asus P8Z68-V MoBo, Water-Cooled, etc. Saitek PRO Flight System, GoFlight Airline Pilot Package, Track IR, EZDOK Camera, Sceptor 40" 1080p (TV), Home-made 737 MIP with 17" samsung and 15" Dell monitors