Sign in to follow this  
dracer33

$1500 budget for new build

As the title says, I'm starting a clean build with a budget of $1500 US. The only things I will not be purchasing is a case and a monitor, I'd like to leave it to the experts in the FS forums to give me a list of hardware componets to fit in this window. I'm looking at an i7 3770k and an ASUS Maximus V Formula Z77 but other than that have no idea what else to get. If you guys have any ideas to fill up the rest I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks everyone.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dOMM

Really, I don't know why you'd want 3770k as HTing has no use ingame and it costs like $100 more, if you are gonna do a lot of heavy video editing and rendering fine but if not just get i5 3570k.

The mobo: I really found that mobo you wanted really overpriced and with a lot of stuff I suppose you won't use, so I switched it for a cheaper one and used the money on other parts. If you really really want that mobo for an odd reason, then get it but you might not be able to buy all the other stuff I suggested.

Corsair H100 cooler, don't know if your case supports it, but if it doesn't get H80 or even an air cooler (eg Noctua NH D14 or C14).

Don't know if you have an OS but since you didn't mention it, I added one.

Keyboard and mouse are really personal preference so I can't add one for you, you'll have to choose.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dOMM

Really, I don't know why you'd want 3770k as HTing has no use ingame and it costs like $100 more, if you are gonna do a lot of heavy video editing and rendering fine but if not just get i5 3570k.

The mobo: I really found that mobo you wanted really overpriced and with a lot of stuff I suppose you won't use, so I switched it for a cheaper one and used the money on other parts. If you really really want that mobo for an odd reason, then get it but you might not be able to buy all the other stuff I suggested.

Corsair H100 cooler, don't know if your case supports it, but if it doesn't get H80 or even an air cooler (eg Noctua NH D14 or C14).

Don't know if you have an OS but since you didn't mention it, I added one.

Keyboard and mouse are really personal preference so I can't add one for you, you'll have to choose.

what a cool site pcpartpicker.com Santiago.

what a cool site pcpartpicker.com Santiago.

Yeah, quite weird you don't use it over here :P it's pretty popular and helpful

Wow thanks a lot Santiago, the only reason I was looking at an i7 over an i5 was because I was told it's overclocking capabilities was amazing. I only want it to run at 4.6 ghz but I don't want and overheating problems. Also if I may ask why would you choose the GTX 670? Thanks again that site like Dario mentioned was very helpful.

Wow thanks a lot Santiago, the only reason I was looking at an i7 over an i5 was because I was told it's overclocking capabilities was amazing. I only want it to run at 4.6 ghz but I don't want and overheating problems. Also if I may ask why would you choose the GTX 670? Thanks again that site like Dario mentioned was very helpful.

GTX 670 is the best bang for buck, it will run pretty much every game out there maxed out or close to maxed out @ 1920x1080.

I chose EVGA cause I personally like it, but it's really personal preference so I suggest you look into the different models / brands and choose the one you like the most B)