Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello,

I'm new to AVSIM and I thought this would bbe a great place to seek help on FSX.

The PMDG 747-400 for fsx is giving me a sprawling headache when it comes to taking off and climbing.

During climbing, it suddenly pitches up (as fast as 3500fpm) then, a couple of seconds it nosedives .

This repeats itself to the pont of the plane stalling.

It has become (virtually) impossible to fly the PMDG 747 on my laptop, yet, earlier this year, it was ok.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me with this issue.

Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Anderson,

This is the FS2Crew forum dedicated to the PMDG747X, you should post your question here:

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/352-pmdg-747-400/

You must check your fuel and payload, perhaps you are overweight. As long as you have programed the FMC and entered your cost index there shouldn't be an issue with the climb unless you are near your max gross weight and have set your altitude too high for the aircraft to climb to initially.

I would recommend that you try the flight tutorial and see how you get along, perhaps you've missed a step somewhere.

Thanks. I'll try out the tutorial.

Just asking, does your PMDG 747 exhibit a similar behaviour as mine?

I recall that I had climb issues when the 747X was first released but it was so long ago that I cannot remember exactly what the cause was.

Aside from what I mentioned earlier make sure that you have anti-icing on, other than that I cannot think of anything else. I would suggest that you use the link I provided and post in that forum, there are so many knowledgeable individuals there that you are bound to get the answer you are looking for.