Bolt

FSX On A Seperate SSD?

Operating System

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz 33 °C

Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology

RAM

8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 802MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard

ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8Z68-V PRO (LGA1155) 27 °C

Graphics

BenQ 241W (1920x1200@59Hz)

1279MB GeForce GTX 570 (MSI) 40 °C

Hard Drives

238GB M4-CT256M4SSD2 ATA Device (SSD)

238GB M4-CT256M4SSD2 ATA Device (SSD)

932GB SAMSUNG SAMSUNG HD103SJ ATA Device (SATA) 27 °C

Optical Drives

SONY BD RW BWU-500S ATA Device

OHCVM U3C1MROPQF SCSI CdRom Device

Audio

Razer Barracuda AC-1 Gaming Audio Card

I realise that SSD topics have been posted before but i couldn't find one specific to my question so I'm just wondering if it's ok to install all of my FSX stuff such as Track ir5, GEX 1-3, REX, Treescapes 1-3 & payware aircraft onto it's own dedicated SSD as listed above, my OS is on it's own SSD with my other programs but i wanted to keep my main OS SSD free of any FSX stuff, does any FSX related programs need to be on my OS drive?

Si.

I have FSX, and P3D as far as that goes, on dedicated SSD's. Nothing else. REx, GEX etc is installed on my large main OS HDD just so it doesnt take up space on the SSD's. Works fantastic. As large and number of SSD's as you have, it's probably not going to matter.

Thankyou for your help RWFeldman but i was wondering if you had a big enough SSD with enough room to put all your FSX stuff on it & any future stuff, would any FSX software need to be installed on the OS C:\ drive or would it be fine on the dedicated drive?

Si.

does it make a difference in loading scenery during a flight if you use ssd or hdd?

does it make a difference in loading scenery during a flight if you use ssd or hdd?

Now that's what i was thinking, i'm currently installing my FSX stuff on my dedicated SSD so i'll let you know how i get on without the clutter from my OS C:\ Drive although i decided to install Trackir 5 in my 64 bit Program files directory because i will use it with other games.

Yes and no. It all comes down to access time and what hdd you compare with. A velociraptor will have fast enough access time not to slow down your texture loading in flight. But the velociraptor still won't be fast enough not to slow down load times.You don't need 2 separate SSDs (one for OS and one for FSX) they could both be on one. The access time on a SSD is fast enough for that.

i have a western harddisk 1 terda which i will be going to use as backup and buy the samsung 512 gb ssd but what i understand is

the loadtime for fire up fsx will be fast but during flight it wont give any improvement loading the scenery.