Sign in to follow this  
Sizel

MCE with VoxATC?

Hi Guys

I'm interested in MCE and have yet to try the demo version but before i do i was wondering if anyone uses MCE with VoxATC? From what i read they can be used together.

If so, I understand that MCE is highly configurable and my questions are A... Can i disable use of ATC within MCE so that i can stick with VOX for ATC purposes?

B...I have a nice selection of Ivona voices which i gather can be used with MCE so can i assign same voice to VoxATC F/O and MCE F/O?

Thanks for any advice & answers to these questions.

Kind Regards

Simon.

Hi Simon,

Here's your answer. Hope this helps.

'If you're using the keyboard to talk to VoxATC, assuming either the <Space bar> or <End> keys are assigned in VoxATC as PTT, every time you hold one of these keys down, MCE will suspend all recognition.

In that case simply disable the ATC feature in MCE panel.

If you're using a joystick button as PTT, proceed as follows.

Assign a PTT joystick button as if you are going to use it under MCE.

Disable the MCE ATC feature

Open mce.ini config file located under C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Multi Crew Experience\mce.ini

Look at the [GAMEPAD] section.

Change "UseWithVoxATC=0" to ""UseWithVoxATC=1"

Save the file

After that, while holding the PTT button, MCE FO will ignore your speech directed at ATC.

If you have a memory lapse, you can even ask MCE FO about your VoxATC assigned call sign, and he'll read it to you from the VoxATC config file in AppData folder.'

The FS++ team

Hi Guys

I'm interested in MCE and have yet to try the demo version but before i do i was wondering if anyone uses MCE with VoxATC? From what i read they can be used together.

If so, I understand that MCE is highly configurable and my questions are A... Can i disable use of ATC within MCE so that i can stick with VOX for ATC purposes?

B...I have a nice selection of Ivona voices which i gather can be used with MCE so can i assign same voice to VoxATC F/O and MCE F/O?

Thanks for any advice & answers to these questions.

nearly forgot this one :rolleyes: yes you can assign the same voice to VoxATC and MCE FO.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Seems like they should work ok with each other. When i get more time i will install the demo and put it through its paces. I will make those adjustements you mention above and see how it all goes.

Hooray, more things to tinker with.

My other concern is how performance will be affected running both add-ons at the same time. But using both should be quite good if it all works ok. The demo is a great idea. Try before you buy and all that.

Good news about the voices too.

Thanks for the reply Clive.

Kind Regards

Simon.