Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

FS2Crew question

Hi, i know this isnt the FS2crew forum but i cant find anything on that forum that helps me out. i noticed on one flight that my FO in FS2Crew set the flight level & land Alt on the overhead panel for me, now my last 2 flights that did not happen automatically like it did the one time. any thoughts?

UPS123.png

Hi Rob!

It has happened to me quite a few times, it might depend on when you set the dep/arr page and the cruise alt on the FMS (because these are the values FS2Crew uses for setting the overhead) but to be honest with you I've noticed it kind of random and I've never looked into it too much. I've also noticed the landing alt doesn't rise above 6000ft so every airport higher than that will show as 6000. I've just taken to set them manually and it works fine with no consequences. Hope it helps

Hi, i know this isnt the FS2crew forum but i cant find anything on that forum that helps me out. i noticed on one flight that my FO in FS2Crew set the flight level & land Alt on the overhead panel for me, now my last 2 flights that did not happen automatically like it did the one time. any thoughts?

Hi Rob, you need to put the DEP and ARR airport and CRZ altitude data in before the F/O comes back from the the walk-around and starts his main preflight flow. Unless your're not running the PF events i thik you'll have to set the CRZ and LDG altitude manually.

Hope that helps,

Regards

Hi Rob!

It has happened to me quite a few times, it might depend on when you set the dep/arr page and the cruise alt on the FMS (because these are the values FS2Crew uses for setting the overhead) but to be honest with you I've noticed it kind of random and I've never looked into it too much. I've also noticed the landing alt doesn't rise above 6000ft so every airport higher than that will show as 6000. I've just taken to set them manually and it works fine with no consequences. Hope it helps

Hi Matteo,

This is correct behavior Have a look at the FCOM v1, Should be around page 180 in the PMDG manuals that ship with the NGX. Setting to 6000ft is only the tip of the iceberg, and there are more procedures he follows for the duration of the flight depending on the takeoff and landing elevation.

Regards

Are you using a different livery on your most recent flights? Or does it say SDK error when you start up? If so try using a different livery or the PMDG one, that might solve it.

Thanks to all of you, Damien is correct, that was my problem, thanks again!

UPS123.png

FS2 crew is fantastic for the NGX, just bought yesterday.

Congrats! Yes it is an awesome add-on for the NGX!!

UPS123.png