Sign in to follow this  
Nico66

747-400 X lot of technical problems

Hello, :smile2:

My name is Nicolas. I live near Montpellier (France) and I'm 49 years old. I 'have used FS9.1 for many years. And now of course FSX.

Before posting, I try to find solution by myself, and read lot of pages from this forum. But at this time I need some help.

I've bought and installed the 747-400 X version 2.10 on my computer, and I have several technical problems with this addon. It's a dowloaded version from PMDG website.

At first, to understand, my computer' configuration is

W7 64 Pro_ I7 950_ ASUS P6T_ ATI 5870_6Go RAM_FSX Gold Edition (Acceleration Pack)

I'am the only one user of this computer. I have administrator' rights. But I always execute any applications or softs (like FSX) by "right clic/execute as administrator".

I use different sceneries' addon

_Ground Environment X Europe, Ground Environment North America,

_Ultimate Terrain X-Canada, Europe and USA

_France VFR NEXT MESH France and NEXTMESH Europe Vol1

_Flight Environment X 2.0

_FSUIPC 4.8.0.0 (registered)

The first "flight' test with the 747 was made out of internet'connexion and Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS2012) fully desactivated.

To prevent from possible performance' problems I choose Tahiti X NTAA airport (Tahiti X from Aerosoft) with 50% AI traffic. Day light, and only few clouds.

Between ground and 2000 fts, I have a flickering alert message in the EICAS as shown in the screen below.

eicasalert.jpg

I'am looking for an explaination. Checks have been made step by step.

The second test was made in France LFMN (Nice Cote d'Azur Airport) at 1800z (FSX Time) with the same settings.

The alert' message in the EICAS is still flickering in low altitude. But the biggest problem is that after 30' of flight the 747 loose engines, winglets, fuselage and parts of Virtual Cockpit. :blink:

But the jumbo continue to fly without problems!! :lol:

Two screens below to understand

vc747x.jpg

747xdcapotable.jpg

I suppose there is a driver' problem (ATI 12.6 version with CCC) and settings in FSX console should be wrong. But even I change, step by step, differents settings, the problem is not resolved. :huh:

Two test' fly in the same conditions (end of afternoon) have given the same results....... 747 loose many parts of it. :wacko:

Does anyone have a ...good idea?

Many thanks

Nicolas (France_LFMT)

Hello Nicolas,

Locate your FSX.cfg and add this:

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

You may also encounter crashes after a few turns of dials and knobs, this is remedied by downloading UIAutomationcore.DLL and placng it into your root FSX folder.

The latest FSUIPC module is also a good thing to add as it has proven to prevent many graphics associated crashes in FSX.

Good luck.

\Robert Hamlich/

Hello BAW435,

Thanks to you, to have taken time to read all this post.

I did not know the "HIGHMEMFIX=1" line in [GRAPHICS] and I"ll try it into my FSX.cfg

For UIAutomationcore.DLL, I have installed it six months ago.

Many menmbers of "pilote-virtuel' forum" have encounter problems and found a solution with. (http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/index.php)

And at least, I will install the latest version of FSUIPC. I think it is the 4.8.2.7 version.

Many thanks :wink:

Nicolas

To be continued as they said in lot of films :lol:

_FSUIPC 4.85 installed.

_"HIGHMEMFIX=1" line in [GRAPHICS] added

_ Two different settings as you can see below

rglagescccetutx.jpg

On the right part of this screen there are ATI Catalyst Control Center ' settings.

During inertial nav system alignement, I built flightplan in FMC. At the end to save the route I swith to "RTE COPY" and ....."Fatal error.... Flight Sim restart" :search:

"You may also encounter crashes after a few turns of dials and knobs.........." as you said BAW435 :lol:

The second test has been made in same conditions, on LFML and FSX crashes at same time when saving the Route in FMC. And the same message ""Fatal error.... Flight Sim restart" :bad:

Three days to look for a solution; and perhaps many days to find the good one.

Have good flights, and good night.

Nicolas

Still looking for a solution.

1_Wich version of UIAutomationcore.DLL do I install into FSX root folder? I have the 6.0.6001.18000 version in FSX . Be carefull I have french version for W7 64 and FSX acceleration pack.

In my Windows32 and SysWOW64 folders I have the 7.0.0.0 version

2_At the end of the 747' install process, even I have à W7 up to date with C++2008 and 2010 version already installed, the PMDG installer contnue with C++2008 to install on my computer!! :blink:

According to you, is this a possible cause of 747-X' crash? I'm not newbie with PC but not sure to be an advanced user.

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

I have the same UIAutomationcore.DLL vesion as you have. And yes, the C++ 2008 files are essential to running the 747X. PMDG is working on a completely new release of the 747X and it is due for release later this year.

The issue may lie with your video card, from what I have read ATI and FSX just don't mix well.

Register and drop and support ticket with PMDG, they will do their best to help you:

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/Default.aspx

Regarding ATI, Ryan from PMDG explains a little more here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/336729-ati-or-nvidia/#entry1990423

I hate to say it but you might be better off by changing to an nVidia card, here is a good post describing the setting that run FSX well.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/324786-nvidia-configuration-guide-inspector-2xxxx-drivers-version-20-explanations-of-all-settings/

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi Robert,

Tanks for the links. I'll read avsim forum again, and again.

"I hate to say it but you might be better off by changing to an nVidia card, here is a good post describing the setting that run FSX well."

Yes; I have an ATI video card........... nobody is perfect :lol:

I sent email to PMDG. At first it was for a licence' problem. I was not able to reinstall the 747; validation process dot not proceed as well.

But few questions have been asked to them, and I give you parts of response

The VS2008 update simply checks for the correct version or newer. If a newer version is found the installer will just quit which should be what happens. If it requires an update it will install it.

Aha, and why does this installer continue to install VS2008? I have 2008 & 2010 version already on my system....

There are a lot of known issues in FSX with the Dusk to Dawn and Day to Dusk transition. It may simply be your video card driver that is contributing to the issue but I know that people have complained for years of strange graphics issues when this transition occurs within the sim. I would recommend reinstalling or updating your driver to see if it helps..

I'm dowloading the latest ATI driver for ATI 5870. That's the 12.8 Revision Number....and Release Date 2012/15/8 !!

Most recent ATI driver.....

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

Ok, well at least you've narrowed things down. The best way to install the new driver is to uninstall the video card drivers then reboot into safe mode and use Driver Cleaner Pro then install the new driver after a reboot. nVidia drivers are now able to be installed one over another but every once in a while I do a fresh install when a driver is released.

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi Nicolas,

You are running out of video memory. Try flying somewhere where you do not have any add-on scenery and not putting so much strain on your system.

Nicolas,

In my opinion, this is not an issue with the ATI vs Nvidia and given the card, I am doubtful that you are running out of video card memory.

Here are a couple of tips, and you can let us know if any apply. First, are you running FSX in full screen or windowed? Full screen mode can sometimes cause strange issues.

Are you using the acceleration pack with FSX? Sometimes there can be issues with the install order with accelleration pack.

Lastly, do you have the WIlco 737. There are issues that are created in pits of FSX when Wilco 737 is installed before the PMDG 747.

Let us know if any of this works.

Hi,

sheepfu, I use FSX acceleration pack in windowed mode.

I have FSX Gold edition an use it for two years under W7 64.

PMDG 747X has been installed into this FSX acceleration pack.

I do not use Wilco 737; and I have not it installed on my computer.

Due the latest crashes the line "HIGHMEMFIX=1" have been suppressed from FSX.cfg.

I want to proceed step by step, to understand and to analyse what happens.

On this Monday morning, I fly the PMDG 747 with the new ATI driver (12.8 version) on LFML with day light.

In FSX console FPS are locked to 25. And using PMDG settings 15 fps for 2D cockpit and virtual cockpit have been selected.

During the fly test fps were between 10 and 12. And no part of VC fuselage engines or textures lost. :smile: Good news!

But I think settings should be modified to get better performances.

At least I'll fly the 747X in a country without any scenery installed for test. But I have no bleed air :wink: in my home, and at this time 1922z the inside home' T° is about 90°F!!

To prevent from external problems, I won't be able to fly the 747X this night.

Air-conditioning is for virtual passengers only :lol:

Nicolas

Hi,

I have had similar problems, intially blaming my ATI card.

The solution was that my bufferpools value was too high and was causing graphics corruption.

Maybe this is an option for you to try?

Carl Beeby

Hi,

It was a very heavy week in my job. And no time for FSX.

This afternoon, I have made a fly test on NZAA. I have no addon for this country.

The ATI'settings were the same. I just modify FSX.cfg with

_HIGHMEMFIX=1

_[bUFFERPOOLS]

PoolSize=15000000 (those line have been added this day)

_TextureMaxLoad=1024 in the [Display] (modified from 512 to 1024)

At first, FPS locked to 25, I have between 12 to 18 in external views. Even I select 16 for 2D & 3D cockpit with PMDG'console settings, I can't obtain more than 12.

But there is no freeze. And no parts of the Jumbo have been lost during this 30' test.

I'll make the same test in Europe, in countries where different sceneries addon have been installed. I'll try it carefully to prevent from FSX'crash.

About IRS' alert message on the EICAS , I think it is due to difference between original FSX' magdec.bgl" and "AIRACS". But of course, I'm not sure.

Nicolas