Sign in to follow this  
beep

coastlines off in DX10

Hi,

Main problem I have in DX10, is the appearance of the coastlines, as shown in the picture.

I'm using Ultimate terrain Europe and GEX. Could it be that these are not DX10 ready or is there another possible cause?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jos

So if you switch back to DX9 those coastlines appear normal/proper?

Bumpy is correct: we need to know that. Off the top of my head I would say you've not a fast enough machine or memory. Does it stay like that, or does it eventually "normalize"?

Fill out your system and simulator specs in your profile, so we can make sensible suggestions as to what might cause this.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thank you for the replies.

No, it stayed like that without normalizing.

I opened the UTX setup program and this message came up (see picture). I reinstalled all textures, and now, the coastlines are like before (but I have to check further from higher altitudes).

Should the problem reappear, I'll check the same route in DX9.

Jos

Intel I5 - 2500K 3.30 Ghz

W7 64 bits ultimate

16 gig Ram

Geforce GTX 550 TI

Oops, forgot to post the message. Sorry for that.

Jos

Good stuff, Jos - glad you solved it, and thanks for getting back with this. :smile:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.