Sign in to follow this  
BreezyPointDeparture

Trick Question for Painter - Need Help

Hi Painters,

So heres the thing - im painting an 800 Iberia livery and the Iberia "B" logo is italicized to the left. The logo and "IBERIA" letters all go in the same direction on any part of the plane except the right side of the tail. In this location, the same "B" is slanted to the left instead of the right. This is the only placement where the logo is like this in order for it to fit normally on the tail.

My Question: how do i get the logo to slant the other way???

1 - I have tried flipping it in all directions, but this does not change the slant, this changes the angle

2 - I have tried Skewing the logo but it ends up looking funny.

Cold be a trick questions, but does anyone have any advice as to how to make this work properly? I feel like im missing something so simple but at the same time im not sure if its possible because it is essentially a new logo, not a "flip" or "skew" of the current.

Logo attached. Any advice?

Thanks so much,

Max

Max

PMDG 747X & 737NGX Pilot

Hi Painters,

So heres the thing - im painting an 800 Iberia livery and the Iberia "B" logo is italicized to the left. The logo and "IBERIA" letters all go in the same direction on any part of the plane except the right side of the tail. In this location, the same "B" is slanted to the left instead of the right. This is the only placement where the logo is like this in order for it to fit normally on the tail.

My Question: how do i get the logo to slant the other way???

1 - I have tried flipping it in all directions, but this does not change the slant, this changes the angle

2 - I have tried Skewing the logo but it ends up looking funny.

Cold be a trick questions, but does anyone have any advice as to how to make this work properly? I feel like im missing something so simple but at the same time im not sure if its possible because it is essentially a new logo, not a "flip" or "skew" of the current.

Logo attached. Any advice?

Thanks so much,

Max

Would this work?

IberiaRightLogo.jpg

Yeah, what he said.

Or you could take it into photoshop and do a perspective on it. That will allow you to slant it the opposite way, like Steve has done here.

Frank Cooper

Thanks Steve and Frank!!

That was what i was trying to do. im going to work with the perspective and maybe a little skew...that might do it.

Thanks for your help! I will let you know how it goes.

Max

Max

PMDG 747X & 737NGX Pilot

Thanks Steve and Frank!!

That was what i was trying to do. im going to work with the perspective and maybe a little skew...that might do it.

Thanks for your help! I will let you know how it goes.

Max

I made the image above basically from taking apart an existing left tail logo. If you want Photoshop image with a clear background...PM your e-mail address. Or just copy the picture above off the "Photobucket" link and use the Magic Wand tool and just remove the white background.