Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Crash detection settings..

Recently built a new computer and since I'd installed FSX, I continue to have an odd problem.

I have FSX installed directly to my D:\ drive. I've verified I have write permissions on the folder and run the program in admin mode. FSX does not want to save the "Crash Detection" setting in realism. I've even gone so far as to editing the fsx.cfg file to turn on crash detection. (Saved but every time I load FSX it changes back)

Every time I crash I get a "Crash Detected, awaiting respawn" notification in the upper left corner of my screen in a green window.

Addons I'm using other than FSX are FSUIPC (Registered), UT2, AS2012, REX-E, Accu-feel, TrackIR5 and EZDOK.

What setting am I missing? All my other changes in the configurations are being kept...

-Damien

Does this happen only at one airport or does it happen everywhere?

Jim Wenham

I see you run FSX in Admin mode. But, have you gone into the Realism page and enabled detect crashes and damage and then check one of the options - Aircraft stress causes damage and/or Allow collisions with other aircraft? I know some of the fsx.cfg settings return to the default like the value for TML. Perhaps another aircraft is controlling realism as it has it's own realism. Does FSUIPC have a setting that could prevent anyone turning on crash detection?

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

This has happened with a couple different aircraft.. The glider, the Carenado C90, the superbug and any other aircraft tried. This happens at all locations I've tried, from Friday Harbor to Misawa, Japan, Duluth, Minnesota, Seattle, Washington and Albuquerque, New Mexico.

I couldn't find any settings in FSUIPC that might enable it.. and when I enabled realism settings, I enabled crash detection and the two settings below it.. (Airframe damage and the other one..)

-Damien

Go figure.. I uninstall everything and find the possible problem.

While reinstalling software this morning I found a thread on vrs superbug/tacpack forums. A member there was having similar issues with one of his aircraft. he had a message in the upper left of his screen when he crashed, thrown up to 150,000 feet and respawned. Turns out it was related to the VRS tacpack. Apparently their tacpack has a crash detection option that was causing the similar symptoms...

-Damien