Sign in to follow this  
Guest drobson

Forum Update

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think they are OK now, Tom. However, I do have a question. Maybe I've missed some setting, but I find it inconvenient (after I've marked a particular forum as read), to have to click the "TOP" icon to bring me back to the main forum page listing. As it is now, when I "Mark" the forum I've finished with, I'm taken back to the handful of related forums instead of the full listing of forums. Have I missed something in the preferences section, or is this the way it has to be?Thanks,Darrell

I think that is the way it is Darrell. I believe the assumption is that if you are in a specific Conference, that when you mark a forum as read that you want to go back to THAT conference. Since we can setup unlimited conferences, and in fact, subtiered-forums (that is, forums under forums under forums)that logic does make some sense. We haven't set up any subtiered forums yet, but I am considering it just to see how well it works. I haven't found anything to change that function yet myself.

Thanks, Tom. That's the only part that I find to be "inconvenient", and not a big problem.Darrell

As you can see, we are making changes to the forums to make them a little easier on the eyes. We have also shortened the length of the topic message preview to make the pages just a little faster to load and not clutter up the page too much with preview text. Its a compromise, but I think it looks pretty good now.