Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ellis

Tutorial #1 - BLM1G STAR is missing

OK, so I attempted tutorial #1 last night, only to find, when I came to add the STAR to the flight plan that the STAR shown in the tutorial doesn't exist for me. BLM2G exists but choosing that resulted in a completely failed approach and dozens of error messages :(

I opened the PMDG\SIDSTARS\LZSH file in my FSX install directory and it says: "AIRAC Cycle : 1108 (28/JUL/2011 - 24/AUG/2011) - Rev.1". I have the 737NGX installed, so I'm guessing this is the file installed by that and not the original from the MD-11? When installing the MD-11 (after the NGX) I selected the option to install SID/STAR data.

Anyway, I'm lost for what to do so it'd be great if someone could either tell me how to add the BLM1G STAR so I can finish flying the tutorial or let me know how to set up the FMS using an alternate STAR and fly that instead.

Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

BLM2G exists but choosing that resulted in a completely failed approach and dozens of error messages

What error messages are you receiving?

let me know how to set up the FMS using an alternate STAR and fly that instead.

The BLM2G STAR should be the same as the BLM1G STAR. Are you selecting the right waypoint (BLM) to choose the STAR at? Also make sure that the route is correct. The tutorial was written with waypoints from 2008/2009. Things may have changed.