Sign in to follow this  
scox72

737 NGX with Saitek Stuff

Hi,

Newbie on the forum, but recently purchased the NGX and it looks cool, but doesn't work properly.

I have an iMac 2.66 GHZ 20" screen, running XP via Bootcamp. I use a Saitek Pro Flight Yolk and single Throttle Quadrant (all works on stock planes and Wilco Evo Vol 1).

If I load the plane fully standard config, all is fine, but as soon as i change fuel or load cold and dark panel state, engines shutdown, and when I fire them up again, they spool up to idle, but advancing the throttles does not change engine state.

I can see the throttles move in the VC mode, I have registered FSUIPC and when launching the monitor, I can see FSUIPC registering throttle movements correctly, but still nothing.

Anyone have any pointers?

PMDG Tech Support have given me stuff to try, removing NGX completely and then removing the NGX folders in Documents and Settings and FSX\Sim Objects\Airplanes etc, and after a full install, still the same problem.

Currently, have deleted the FSUIPC.ini file and have re-set the axis control in the FSX Controls pages, like I said above, this works perfectly on other planes, just not it seems with the one that I really want it to work on.

Steve

Steve Cox

Where are you changing the fuel state? From within the CDU or via FSx setup?

Are you running FSx as an adminstrator under your XP via Bootcamp?

I cannot speak for the yolk and quadrant as I have the X52, but I do have the Saitek MP and I know that this does not 'work' straight out of the box with the NGX. This is mainly because PDMG have had to do lots of workarounds to get round FSx issues, and tbh presents me with no issues. No doubt someone with experience of the yoke/quadrant will help you. Is there a conflict between your key bindings/settings within FSx, the NGX and FSUIPC as I know this is often cited by others?

Are you running SPAD at all?

Not sure if this helps, but my 2 pence worth for you.

I've bought THREE addons lately, and one of them was giving me throttle issues. I can't remember which one, but that doesn't matter for now.

I ended up deleting the axis assignments in FSX control tab, but not disabling the controllers. (Disabling the controllers caused certain mouse functions to stop working, so deleting seemed the next best thing).

Then I went through the painful process of assigning every axis through FSUIPC, taking care not to have any conflicts (hence deleting the assignments in FSX). Once completed, the problems I had were gone, and all three addons work perfectly regarding controls. I took my time, calibrated everything through FSUIPC, and now I'm happy with the way it all works.

My PC specs and hardware are in my sig (I think), but I'm using the Saitek Yoke, and TWO throttle quadrants. That gives me SIX axis as follows: Throttles 1,2,3,4 and one Prop lever, and one Mixture lever. Obviously I had assign each lever to the separate engines, but assigning one lever to throttle will work fine.

Thanks to you guys for the reply, but managed to get it sorted a few moments ago.

I had the Wilco A319 set as my default flight, once I deleted the default flight, all started working as it should.

Steve

Steve Cox