Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gimmy94

Saitek Cyborg Fly 5 Reverse Thrust

Hey!

I'm using this joystick on fsx but I don't know how to set up the throttle for the reverse thrust. Maybe is not possible or maybe I'm doing something wrong. Any suggestion?

PS: Sry for my english I'm italian :P

PPS: I tried to search on the web and tried to find a topic on this forum, but nothing...only this post on a blog http://flightsimaviation.blogspot.it/2009/09/how-to-program-reverse-thrust-on-saitek.html but doesn't work

I just retired my big lumpy old Saitek X52 for one of these. It's great! Love the feel!

I have reverse bound to a key in front of the throttle through the "decrease thrust" key bind (F2 on the keyboard) and pulled the "repeat speed" up to max. Works fine. Throttle to idle, press and hold the button to engage reversers.

Downside of this is the "jolt" of thrust you get once you want to return to idle by slightly moving the throttle. I suppose I could bind the other throttle key to "increase throttle" but I prefer to use that button for "TO/GA".

I just retired my big lumpy old Saitek X52 for one of these. It's great! Love the feel!

I have reverse bound to a key in front of the throttle through the "decrease thrust" key bind (F2 on the keyboard) and pulled the "repeat speed" up to max. Works fine. Throttle to idle, press and hold the button to engage reversers.

Downside of this is the "jolt" of thrust you get once you want to return to idle by slightly moving the throttle. I suppose I could bind the other throttle key to "increase throttle" but I prefer to use that button for "TO/GA".

I did the exactly same thing. If isn't possible to have the reverse with the throttle I'll keep this configuration. It isn't realistic but is better than nothing :D

I've just set this up with the saitek throttle quadrant and it works perfectly, but your thrust lever will need some sort of button, or minus thrust setting, which the saitek throttle quadrant has, where by you go to 0 throttle, and then push it down below 0 where it has a button to activate anything you like, which I set mine to "decrease thrust quickly" which is the reverse thrust...

Took a while to figure out, but stubled upon it reading threads here..

So if your throttle doesnt have any sort of minus setting/activation, then it might not work..

I've just set this up with the saitek throttle quadrant and it works perfectly, but your thrust lever will need some sort of button, or minus thrust setting, which the saitek throttle quadrant has, where by you go to 0 throttle, and then push it down below 0 where it has a button to activate anything you like, which I set mine to "decrease thrust quickly" which is the reverse thrust...

Took a while to figure out, but stubled upon it reading threads here..

So if your throttle doesnt have any sort of minus setting/activation, then it might not work..

Nope, doesn't have anything like this. In fact I binded "decrease quickly" on a button near the throttle and I'm using it for reverse thrust. It isn't realistic but np, this is not a pro joystick, I can't prentend all this functions :P