Sign in to follow this  

Stretch, if i were you I would go for a PFC yoke if you can. I had used the CH yokes for years and felt it didn't have a realistic feel. I actually modded it by adding rubber bands inside to add tension and make it more realistic. After my last CH yoke failed, i bought the newest saitek yoke. At first use, i noticed the centering detents and hated it. I opened it and modded it also by removing springs and using rubber bands. Finally after it failed, i dove in and bought a PFC yoke. Best decision i ever made. No matter how i lean on the yoke, it keeps a smooth movement. All axis have realistic fluid movement with the proper tension. I have the Cirrus yoke and it has the size and feel of the DC10 yoke which i flew for years. I was surprised that a aircraft of that size would have such a small yoke. The 10 was very responsive in all regimes of flight allowing you to fly with your finger tips. She was only sluggish when down to one hydraulic system. I've flown jets from the DC10 down to Beechjets and the yokes has the same feel as those aircraft. I currently fly G5s and G550s. If this yoke had a wee bit more rigidity, it would be perfect. I was looking for my fourth yoke when i took the plunge. I figure after 4 yokes, i could have just bought a PFC. Yes it's a little pricey and the wives will glare, but it's 100% worth it if you can.

Rich

Hi Anthony

It seems to me there was a problem with that before the Spad drivers came along and one had to do that everytime after a restart. This is just a suggestion but are you sure you got completely rid of anything Saitek softwarewise? Because there is no way in hell that that should be happening. If you are familliar with your registry you could run a search for Saitek and see what comes up and share it with us please......John

I'll have a root through the registry but I presume I have to be careful about deleting stuff or I could end up creating more problems than I resolve.

One more question have you done a complete re-install since you began getting this problem?. I mean re-installing your operating system and everything because that would be the safest way to accomplish the task. If that did not solve your problem I have no idea what would, other than doing what G55flyer recommends. He would know what he's talking about being a Professional Pilot, so many of us will never know what that feels like..........John

Hi Anthony

It seems to me there was a problem with that before the Spad drivers came along and one had to do that everytime after a restart. This is just a suggestion but are you sure you got completely rid of anything Saitek softwarewise? Because there is no way in hell that that should be happening. If you are familliar with your registry you could run a search for Saitek and see what comes up and share it with us please......John

^_^ I have to admit Saitek has some problems. A year ago I bought the bip and it worked part of the flight but then it would freeze. Two days ago I installed Spad. I did not change anything with the saitek software, all I did was used Spad to program everything. The bip started working and worked fine since. Plus, I was able to turn the engine start switch on the switch panel in to an autobrake switch using both Spad and a registered version of FSUIPC. Saitek devices aren't bad. They are pretty good, especially for how cheap they are compared to other companies. They are very duarable and responsive. They just need to work on some of the drivers.

Also, I wanted to ask if anyone knew whether you can install two Saitek throttle quadrants in the Goflight Flight Deck Console?

I am building a home cockpit and it would be good to remove some of the actual construction from it to help move it along. And, can a Saitek Radio Panel fit in the panel bay of the flight deck console.

DVA10395