Sign in to follow this  
hs118

MCE stops responding

Mostly I use MCE to read customized checklists for my add-on aircraft. Have only the simulator control and checklists turned on...no ATC or full crew coordination.

After about 15 minutes into a flight, voice recognition seems to fail. The first officer stops responding for requests for checklists and the sim control no longer works.

The MCE app is still running and responds to changes selected in the control panel. But voice recognition never comes back.

My sim computer spec is in my profile.

Any ideas about what I should be checking? Anybody else have this behavior?

Thanks

Henry

Mostly I use MCE to read customized checklists for my add-on aircraft. Have only the simulator control and checklists turned on...no ATC or full crew coordination.

After about 15 minutes into a flight, voice recognition seems to fail. The first officer stops responding for requests for checklists and the sim control no longer works.

The MCE app is still running and responds to changes selected in the control panel. But voice recognition never comes back.

My sim computer spec is in my profile.

Any ideas about what I should be checking? Anybody else have this behavior?

Thanks

Henry

Sorry about that Henry.

Maybe some odd speech engine behaviour as a result of not being to recognise anything for a long period of time.

Since version 2.4.8.8 it's possible to wake-up the speech engine without restarting MCE, by simply turning the feature that appears to be gone to sleep, off and then back on.

In your case, if FO not responding to checklist requests, turn checklist feature off then back on.

Same applies to "Simulator voice control" feature.

I assume you're running version 2.4.9.4 which is the latest.

Yes I am running version 2.4.9.4.

Will try toggling the checklist feature off then back on and let you know if that helps.

Thanks!