Sign in to follow this  
Tamer008

A poll that may inspire PMDG developers!

A poll that may inspire PMDG developers!  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the most suitable option for you based on your preferences: 3D FANS Please just vote for option1 or 2 and don't post comments against the idea of this poll which is 2D and dont claim that options dont cover allPossibilities (that is stuipd t...

• PMDG can make a 3D VC model and a FULL 2d representation of VC cockpit as an expansion pack at EXTRA CHARGE.
    • PMDG can make a 3D VC model ONLY and ANOTHER version with ONLY 2D model without including 3d VC ( 2d representation only) and price these two independent model separately according to man hours each model has taken, maybe the 2d will be more expensive.
    • PMDG can make a 3D VC model and a FULL 2d representation of VC which is the same approach that has been done with NGX(this option is the least likely based on developers decision but it might change according to a statement by one of the developers).

I think you missed the point, tupolev280.

In any case, no-one is "against" anything. There are certain built-in limits in FSX and PMDG seem to be concentrating on offering simmers the most realistic operation system-wise that they can. Something to do with limited polygons etc...I am no programmer but I understand that they have a finite number they can work with. If that is the case I would much rather have a rich and realistic flight environment rather than eye-candy. IMO the NGX strikes a good balance between the two. Who knows what else PMDG have up their sleeve regarding new releases. Those polygons may be very valuable indeed.

You have a valid point there, but from my experience from developing for FS2004, the 2d panels do not take polygons. In fact most airplanes VC use resources from the 2D.

1. PMDG is a business and as such I am certain they do their market research and balance that out against any decisions they make.

2. PMDG is not a democracy and while a poll may give an indication of market trends it most certainly is not the Holy Grail despite what it's advocates may believe. Besides, who is to say that 2D supporters or detractors will ALL vote? Maybe it will be skewed in favour of the dissatisfied few because they are the ones who shout the loudest to be heard. The majority who may be happy with current PMDG policy may not bother voting at all. Ergo, a 100% poll in favour of a 2D panel means absolutely nothing.

3. It's a free economy (well, sort of Rolling%20Eyes.gif ) so you can vote with your pocket book / credit card. Far more effective than a poll, I think.

As an aside...I used to be an ardent FS9 fan, loved my 2D panels in the 744 and spent many happy hours tooling across the globe. However, life does actually go on and if one doesn't keep up it tends to leave you choking in the dust. So I ponied up, got myself a newer system which was FSX-capable and, frankly, I haven't looked back. Yes, getting used to the NGX was a bit of a struggle but nothing really radical.

Bottom line: Accept what PMDG is offering, Tamer and enjoy it or decide that their products are not for you and move on to another developer instead of dredging up a subject that has been done to death.

1) Market research are made possible by POLLS by the only customers( simmers).

2) Democrazy made me cazy....

3) its a hobby based product so i will vote with my pocket book / credit card to a product that will match simmers polls and wishlists.....

4) why should i accept a product that has not been released yet and is able to be developed and enhanced with assistance of simmers polls..( accept something that is not exists yet..hahahah) :LMAO:

Nothing, in my country a lot worse happens to many of our children (I will not name because these things are truly horrible), and they would laugh at many american ways of "protecting them"

Sir, just earlier today you sent me a PM saying AVSIM should remain an open and free place for all cultures and diversities... Yet you put down American culture... Kids have better things to do with their short childhoods than read inflammatory posts and foul language on a forum. Garbage in, garbage out they say.

Please remember AVSIM is a house, and here you are our guest. We are 100 percent free, with an all volunteer staff, and a very supportive member base that makes it possible for us to be around. If you don't like our rules that have upheld this institution for 15+ years, please let me know and we will politely ask you to go elsewhere.

wow... Personally I'm very happy PMDG will only develope 3D VC versions, 2D is just a waste...Not realistic at all... So boring for flights. The work for the 2D panel will probably go for making better features out of this product.

I have a crappy laptop, but I'm being able to run very good VC versions, for example the iFly 737 and the Koryo Il-62. Probably a bit demanding for computers.

Anyway, am I and Tamer the only ones wanting a 2d cockpit as well? I am a VC flyer mostly, but I always start my engines, do all my preflight in 2d panels. Also sometimes when I just want to get access to something quick... 2D is always the answers.

Seeing all the people against 2D panels and against virtual cabins, what you are actually doing, is trying to make 777 an inferior product with less features... Think before you post.

I voted yes for 2D panels.

Which one is it? This morning it was a waste and the resources could better be used elsewhere, this evening you are for it...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Sir, just earlier today you sent me a PM saying AVSIM should remain an open and free place for all cultures and diversities... Yet you put down American culture... Kids have better things to do with their short childhoods than read inflammatory posts and foul language on a forum. Garbage in, garbage out they say.

Hello, I am in no way putting down American culture. My point was explaining that worse things happens to children in other places (sadly). Reason of why I wrote this was because personally I do not see anything harmfull to anyone.

I am open to any kind of culture, or political view, or religion, as this is an international forum.

Wish I had childhood myself, but if there is anything wrong with my language (or spelling), let me know. I do not think children are very interested in such threads anyway.

Which one is it?

This was made before I understood the necessity of 2D panels, and forgot that I always use them, even in VC flying flights. I was a bit stessed when I wrote the post above. It's my old opinion, new opinion is 2D and VC.

I did careful research too about 2D panels, and understood their use. The Koryo IL-62 is not even released yet, and is uncertain if it'll reach public. It has many of it's buttons on 2D only.

Hey Tupolev,

The issue was with certain users trying to bypass the rules around foul language by putting spaces in between the letters just so they could break the rules and swear...

This was made before I understood the necessity of 2D panels, and forgot that I always use them, even in VC flying flights. I was a bit stessed when I wrote the post above. It's my old opinion, new opinion is 2D and VC.

I did careful research too about 2D panels, and understood their use. The Koryo IL-62 is not even released yet, and is uncertain if it'll reach public. It has many of it's buttons on 2D only.

In the words of a famous man, I used to be indecisive now I am not so sure.... ;)

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Hey Tupolev,

The issue was with certain users trying to bypass the rules around foul language by putting spaces in between the letters just so they could break the rules and swear...

In the words of a famous man, I used to be indecisive now I am not so sure.... ;)

Haha, well. You're right I was a bit stupid this evening (or morning as it is in the States). But let's say it was the beer speaking (it's octoberfest and I had a few litres : )

In future I will make my posts more clear, and with an decision.

Would be rare, but hopefully, everyone against 2D are also drunk for the moment not knowing what they speak about ; )

Nope, A lot of us realize that 2D panels appeal to a very limited market at this point. The time, effort, man-hours and resources (with costs associated) that would be needed to deliver it could be spent elsewhere in the ground breaking areas we have seen PMDG exceed at and change the game with in the past... If it came down to 2D for a limited group or some new feature that everyone could benefit from then I would vote for something new we have never seen before.

It is about where to assign the effort and resources.

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Nope, A lot of us realize that 2D panels appeal to a very limited market at this point. The time, effort, man-hours and resources (with costs associated) that would be needed to deliver it could be spent elsewhere in the ground breaking areas we have seen PMDG exceed at and change the game with in the past... If it came down to 2D for a limited group or some new feature that everyone could benefit from then I would vote for something new we have never seen before.

It is about where to assign the effort and resources.

I believe the PMDG team is big enough to work simultaneously. A 2D panel is not nearly as hard as the work on visual models. And since they must program the systems for the VC, it won't be very hard to make it to a 2D panel.

If the "extra" effort is going to make naked air hostesses, I'm in. But if it's going to be for ability to flush toilets, I'll not be very happy :rolleyes: Whether something extra is made on 3D or not, shouldn't interfear with the design of 2D panel.

An amazing ability would be to sit in your virtual cabin, in a classy business seat, then calling up a pop panel in 2 for no smoking lights and belts lights, then they will light up in your cabin. Talk about realism...