Sign in to follow this  
Randysteven88

How to change the Soft mute key?

Hello,

Im a proud owner of the 737 ngx and FS2crew but lately i changed my Ivao Speak key because FSUIPC was unable to make a

key press from my throttle quadrant to the CTRL Button.. so i changed it to CAPSLOCK...

but now my FS2crew does not mute when i speak to the tower and start doing things when im talking..(really annoying)

i searched google and found out in one of your changelogs that it is possible to change the default key

BUT the way how is not to be found..

Can someone help me :)

Thanqs!!

It explains how to change it in the manual. You set a default fsx key command to the same key you use for push to talk.

Sent from my rotary phone using Tapatalk

It explains how to change it in the manual. You set a default fsx key command to the same key you use for push to talk.

Sent from my rotary phone using Tapatalk

Oke Thanks so much!! :)

I tried it but it did not work... it is still listening on the CTRL button... :(

I changed every button that had something to to with Transmit radios... but nothing works..

Need help

Sounds like you haven't given the program administrator access (do this for your entire FSX directory):

To do this, navigate to the Microsoft Games folder on your drive and:

Right click on the Flight Simulator X folder

Select Properties

Select the Security tab at the top

Click on the Users account in the Group box

In the Permissions box, check the box Full Control

Click OK

This grants you (a User - Tron reference? :( ) and the programs you use in that folder admin rights to the folder. Essentially, what is happening is the computer is writing the changes (your key assignments) to a 'ghost' (Compatibility Files) folder, which the PMDG Options panel ignores the next time you run it. Using admin rights writes those changes to the actual file, not a file in a 'ghost' folder. As a quick note, if you have problems with any other program (especially when it comes to settings not saving, etc), you should grant admin rights to the program's location first before trying other things. UAC has its place in Windows, but it ends up being a bear if you don't know how to keep it in check.

Kyle Rodgers

If Kyle's solution has not been tried please do so. The man talks a lot of sense on hear and his above input is no exception.

Otherwise, can you confirm - you are now using CAPS LOCK as your push-to-talk activation for IVAO speech? If this is the case, you must set CAPS LOCK key as the soft mute for FS2Crew so that when you press it to speak with IVAO it mutes FS2Crew.

Hope you get things sorted.

My UAC is disabled and i have Full admin rights and ownership rights of all folders...

( PS: im an IT Guy so i know what im talking about ^^ )

"" Otherwise, can you confirm - you are now using CAPS LOCK as your push-to-talk activation for IVAO speech? If this is the case, you must set CAPS LOCK key as the soft mute for FS2Crew so that when you press it to speak with IVAO it mutes FS2Crew.""

Yes thats my problem exacly i went over all files and folders (Incl the Registry) that had something to do with FS2crew but was unable to find a .ini or .cfg to edit the soft mute button everything seems Hardcoded into the program itself (like the Crew Audio Files)...

And Fs2Crew just does not respond to the default PTT button in FSX ..It just completely ignores it, and keeps listening for his Default CTRL button..

Its really annoying cause when im talking to the ATC controller, FS2Crew picks up random words and start's doing crazy stuff in the background.... And to hardmute Fs2crew everytime i speak to ATC is not really an option..

I know another solution i just come op with and that is to Bind the CTRL button on top of the CAPS LOCK button in FSUIPC, but it should not have been neccery to go this far, just for a key press..

My soft mute works just fine. Have you tried another key? Caps lock is hit or miss with the various programs, as it's sometime treated as an on/off key (holding it simply cycles it, unlike just about any other key like shift or control).

Kyle Rodgers

My soft mute works just fine. Have you tried another key? Caps lock is hit or miss with the various programs, as it's sometime treated as an on/off key (holding it simply cycles it, unlike just about any other key like shift or control).

I will give it a shot tonight... Thanks

No still not working i tried it on the Grave button the O,I,U,1,2,3 and still nothing... FS2Crew is Still listening on the Same CTRL button.,,,

Starting to ###### me off a bit... :S

The only times settings get stuck like that in my experience are when the program isn't being run as an admin, and the proper rights aren't set in the folders. You said you have UAC and all that turned off, though, so I don't know what to tell ya.

To be honest, it's probably a better question for FS2Crew's forums.

(also, you're supposed to sign your real name to your posts - just a heads up)

Kyle Rodgers

Are you sure you setting the right key to the right command within fsx? I can't remember which it is now, but within the fs2crew manual it states which setting it is, think something to do with prop sync from memory. Remember also that you need to exit fsx correctly for it to save this.

You don't have some other key mapping from Fsinn or other addon, including the ngx key settings that conflicting and overriding your new key.

Finally, try adding the ctrl key to any of the settings in fsx, and see if it comes up with the warning this key already assigned to then you can see if it already enabled somewhere and maybe conflicting.

There should be hope, I use a joystick button on my yoke to do ptt on Fsinn, and it soft mutes fs2crew. I have my controllers all through fsupic so I do have to use setting in Fsinn to map joystick button to the key also. But does work.

Help!

Hi, I have been using the fs2crew on my pmdg perfectly for a long time.

My VA have recently changed their setup and we now fly with kACARS and we also fly using fsconnect.

Since installing kACARS, fsuipc and pilot assistant I have had a plethora of issues, most of which have now been sorted but one remains....

In fsconnect sessions I use the CAPSLock key as my transmit key (fsx default) and before all the changes I assigned CAPSLOCK to prop sync on/off to give me the soft mute functionality while I transmit.

This stopped working, so I went back into key assignments and noticed that CAPSLOCK was assigned to Transmit, but not propsync on/off, so I reassigned it, except it then deletes it from Transmit.... and vice versa... It wasn't like this before!!

So I can either softmute and not transmit, or transmit but not soft mute.... Arrrrrrgh

Is this an fsuipc issue? If so then i'm stuffed, because I don't even know what it does. BTW, psuicp is the free version with no access to change anything

Please help

Kind regards

Matt Hardy