Sign in to follow this  
Pazoozoo

VC view SmoothZoomTime always resets to 0

I was at a friend of mine who bought OpusFSX for live weather and trying to get me on board as well, the first thing I noticed was the VC zoom using the space bar and mouse was not smooth anymore.

Well after some fiddling with options and using grep (for searching inside cfg files) I was able to figure out that every time OpusFSX is launched it updates the cameras.cfg file located next to the fsx.cfg and overwrites the Virtual Cockpit camera definition changing the SmoothZoomTime parameter from 2.0 to 0.0 which leads to no zoom smoothing in the VC.

Can the developer comment on why this is done and if there is a way to prevent this change from happening if I am only planning on using OpusFSX for weather?

Hi,

Later this morning we will be posting 2.22.3 with a number of fixes and the SmoothZoomTime set to 2.0. In a future release we will make this factor configurable so that users will be able to adjust it to their own preference. I would like to stress that the OpusFSX interface is continually upgraded and enanced with many beta ad releases as new features aplenty are added. This process will continue over the coming years. If you didn't like the SmoothZoomTime set to zero all you had to do was request a change and it would have been done within a few days, but it looks like we beat you to it this time!

Regards

Cheryl