Sign in to follow this  
romoni

Flaps problem

Hello!

I try to explain my problem with my poor english so sorry for that.

But first - I want to thank You everybody who are to help us sim pilot to get much more out from FSX. I have ORBX NA regions (AU too) and many airports installed, TongassX and RTMM sceneries are installed, too and after DX10 fix I was very suppraised what I found these sceneries - they seems out very beatyfull and FSX run very smooth. Over CYVR and Vancouver City my FPS are 25-30. Usually I don't care about FPS but smooth fly thati s my prioritety number one. Ok - everyting is almost perfect but:

If I push P button to pause sim and come back and push P again onto Keyboard a flaps extended full down and same thing if push ATC hot key ( I use scandinavian settings) Ö. I have CH Products Flight Sim yoke and one button for flaps but this not work anymore before I bush ATC hot key (Ö) again. I tryed an other key but no help. Plane I used to test DX10 is default Cessna. In general I fly VFR with GA planes.

This is very odd thing and little bit disturbing and with DX9 I haven't this problem so some idea would be very wellcome...

i7 2600k 3.4 GHz

ASUS GTX 560 859 MHz Direct CU II OC 1 GB

8 GB RAM

2 HD ( One for OS and one for FSX)

Windows 7 Home Edition 64 bit

Rolf

Rolf Niemi

Hi Rolf,

DX10 is just an added feature of FSX. It has nothing to do with your controllers and keyboard. You need to click on Controllers and find out what the key 'P' has been set up to do. Same with your controller. You need to reset the keys as they somehow got corrupted. The keys F7 and F8 must lower your flaps. What possibly happened is that you pressed the P key to pause the sim (which is correct) and then somehow clicked the button on your controller that controls flaps. FSX/Windows somehow remembered this so that when you hit the P key again to unpause the sim, the flaps went down in response to hitting the flap button while you were paused. Why this doesn't happen when you revert to DX9 is probably some kind of strange quirk. None of the keyboard or controller buttons change in any fsx config when going from DX9 to DX10 and back to DX9.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the DX10 fix.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi!

Thank You very much, Jim.

I understand. It's more easier to search the problem I have now. I tryed to reset Controls Keys to default and set all keys again but no help. But I'll check my CH drivers, calibration the Yoke and so on. I'm sure, too - the keys are some reason got corrupted.

Best regards

Rolf

Rolf Niemi