Sign in to follow this  
Clutch Cargo

Have you checked your P3D.cfg file lately?

So I was browsing what new P3D forums, sites, blogs, etc. which took me to Word Not Allowed's blog (highly recommended), and I see he updated his P3D tweaks article. So I thought what the heck even though I know mine is perfect I will do a little "comparison shopping".

When I first came to the darkside of P3D all I did literally was rename my FSX.cfg file and dropped it into P3D. Fiqured if it was good enough for one sim must be good enough for the other, ha! Well, I musta found 3-4 tweaks that were just a little bit off from mine. Took a couple of seconds to change the settings and try it out. Can't hurt anything.

MAN, can this sim get any better? What I thought was perfect is now more perfect :lol: ! Squeeze probably 2-3 more FPS on average but it really is the look and smoothness. I use Las Vegas as my test bed as it has a lot of custom buildings (the strip hotels) that can test your system on Moire effects and shimmer. Plus I got FSDT's hioghly detailed airport right next to that, and I've thrown in Aerosoft's UScitiesX - Las Vegas with there massive amount of custom objects, buildings and autogen. MegaScenery in the background, 30% AI, 30% auto traffic, 80 miles clouds. Yet all is clear, crisp and smooooth. Those hotels are "clamped down" when it comes to sharpness.

Just thought I would through this out - you might want to double-check your settings against what Word Not Allowed has posted to see if you are up to date. A tip-of-the-wing to Word Not Allowed for all his countless hours of testing and retesting systems to bring forth some great suggestions on maximizing performance.

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Very nice to know that someone already put my guide in the P3D to a good use! Very nice screenshots!!!

I totally agree with Clutch Cargo and I've registered on the forum specifically to say thank you to Word Not Allowed.

Since installing Prepar3d 1.4 I've been very pleased with the performance out of the box and haven't used FSX. I've done a few tweaks as I've read about them but they haven't made much difference and I hadn't expected them to. However, after reading Word Not Allowed's latest advice I decided to let P3D rebuild a fresh config file and then follow all of Word Not Allowed's tweaks to the letter.

So I've done exactly as Word Not Allowed suggested including additions to the config file, Nvidia Inspector and the display options in the sim. The result is wonderful. Both in the graphics, thanks to the AA settings, and in the smoothness - probably due to the VSync tweak.

Many thanks, Word Not Allowed. Your hard work wasn't wasted!

Ian :Applause:

Very nice to know that someone already put my guide in the P3D to a good use! Very nice screenshots!!!

Your blog has been very helpful and well compiled. Makes for very easy and quick reference. I too thank you.