Sign in to follow this  
batera86

FSX crashes when I fly with 737NGX

Michael, that is interesting that you say that. I never fly in any mode other than full screen. I switch views a fair bit during sessions, though not excessively. I have FSX on a W7 Home Premium 64 install with 6Gb RAM... I haven't had FSX quit on me for an OOM or such since I installed it on this machine...

How many times do you need to change views to "force" this one?

A

No idea how many times. I just know that once I read it from a site and I make a lot of LONG time flights. I wasn't about to chance an OOM error with a significant amount of time invested in a flight. Talk about ruining the immersion factor. I'd rather live with the bar at the top and bottom. Besides, I set up my flights with TopCat and FS Build and it's easier to refer to the Flight Plan and data sheets not to mention the NGX checklist, QRH, and FCOM's

Here's the link where I read about the memory leak... It's from the lead developer of Concorde X. : http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/2194-concorde-x-memory-requirements-pc-specs/

Here's the link where I read about the memory leak... It's from the lead developer of Concorde X. : http://forums.flight...ments-pc-specs/

It seems this is mostly a problem with low end systems. The OP has a high end modern system and should not run into this issue unless he is trying very hard to cause it. I cant think of any reason why you would switch from full screen to windowed and back during a flight anyway. That just sounds like it would cause problems. I never really looked into it but I experience a significant decrease in performance in windowed mode (maybe dual monitors?) so I dont touch it with any plane. Plus it feels like you're flying Internet Explorer and thats not cool.

Hello! Thanks for all the replies!

I'm testing all your suggestions and I'll give you a feedback if the error disappears.

By the way, the DEP (Data Execution Prevention), Windows Defender and other Windows services running background have something associated to these errors?

Interesting,

Personally I have never had an OOM issue with FSX.

I always fly in Full Screen (dual monitor) connected to an external WX programme & either IVAO or VATSIM (FSINN) across to Simconnect (peripherals on a networked laptop) with MSE installed.

No AI or view switching other than the different views available in the VC without Ezedok. Slider settings to the right with some heavy duty scenery, textures & mesh.

My 'flying PC' is a home built bare bones Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit OS (running as adminstrator with UAC off) that just flies FSX (Ventubo tweaked) & connects directly to the internet only to vallidate FS related software installations such as scenery & MS updates etc.

The only FSX crashes I have had...3 of them...(been running it now since Jan 12) were in part due to running IvAp v2 from within FSX......since running it externally no issues or OOM or CTD whatsoever.

Naturally windows is kept fully up to date.

I always think there is much more to OOM issues than just FSX itself (I am a confirmed 1980's techno dulard BTW)...hardware quality & capability, how the OS was installed & what else the owner runs on the system (or expects to run on it) while using FS might be contributory factors.

I know having a PC entirely devoted to FS activities is just not possible or even desirable for everybody but just another viewpoint.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

It seems this is mostly a problem with low end systems. The OP has a high end modern system and should not run into this issue unless he is trying very hard to cause it. I cant think of any reason why you would switch from full screen to windowed and back during a flight anyway. That just sounds like it would cause problems. I never really looked into it but I experience a significant decrease in performance in windowed mode (maybe dual monitors?) so I dont touch it with any plane. Plus it feels like you're flying Internet Explorer and thats not cool.

It would show up sooner in a low end system, but it doesn't mean that the memory leak doesn't exist. It just means a high end system has more memory BEFORE the OOM error manifests itself. Knowing my luck, about the time that I trusted it in my 16 GByte system on a long transcontinental flight. WHAM. Right between the eyes. LOL. I'm only using one monitor at the moment however, so I see no difference in average frame rates whichever way I run it. Average FPS approx. 35.

Hello! Thanks for all the replies!

I'm testing all your suggestions and I'll give you a feedback if the error disappears.

By the way, the DEP (Data Execution Prevention), Windows Defender and other Windows services running background have something associated to these errors?

Very likely.

It would show up sooner in a low end system, but it doesn't mean that the memory leak doesn't exist. It just means a high end system has more memory BEFORE the OOM error manifests itself. Knowing my luck, about the time that I trusted it in my 16 GByte system on a long transcontinental flight. WHAM. Right between the eyes. LOL.

Can't argue with you there:) I tend to fly for about an hour, 2 tops, mostly in the pattern doing touch and goes and generally flying in an unrealistic manner for a commercial jet. The 737NGX is not my airliner. She is my private jet. But I do fly with service based failures on.

Definitely possible but you will drive yourself nuts chasing processes. Short of building an offline, FSX dedicated machine, there is not much you can do.

You may try these command on cmd :

"uiatomationcore.dll eigenschappen

Both files with different size…? 549Kb in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and 734 Kb in C:\Windows\System32 Reading in different fora I came to the conclusion that this file UIAutomationCore.dll is causing FSX to crash and could be simply removed.

How to remove UIAutomationCore.dll from windows 7? These multiple files are stored in C:\Windows\system32\ and C:\Windows\Syswow64\

Simply delete these files; make a spare copy in case of…

HERE IS THE FIX: You may have to take ownership of the files if windows stops you from deleting the file. Open CMD prompt and right click to run as administrator and then type in exactly as below substituting your windows login username where it says username: takeown /f C:\Windows\System32\uiautomationcore.dll cacls C:\Windows\System32\uiautomationcore.dll /G username:F takeown /f C:\Windows\Syswow64\uiautomationcore.dll

cacls C:\Windows\Syswow64\uiautomationcore.dll /G username:F

Now you can just navigate to your syswow64 and system32 folders in windows explorer and after backing up the UIautomationcore.dll files just delete them from your computer. (Remember to delete the Uiautomationcore.dll file in your FSX folder also if you installed it as an earlier the fix. If you need this file anyway, please have a look in my SkyDrive)"

I quoted from http://fsrijnmond.airworld.nl

I came to the conclusion that this file UIAutomationCore.dll is causing FSX to crash and could be simply removed.

These multiple files are stored in C:\Windows\system32\ and C:\Windows\Syswow64\

Simply delete these files; make a spare copy in case of…

Sure I can delete this file? I thought it was essential to run FSX...

I only have 2GB RAM and I never seem to have problems. IT shocks me to see how many people are having issues with immense amounts of RAM. I was told it was under minimum that I only had 2GB but it works fine. I run around 15-20 fps which is enough for me anyways because it doesn't lag or freeze EVER. However, I get this weird memory error every time I close fsx, but everything saves as it should have, etc. I probably didn't help this I just felt like posting this.

-Jeremy Chesney

Like many other simmers I have had quite a few black screens and crashes while using NGX

even after replacing UIAutomationCore.dll and taking possession etc. Had a crash just yesterday while

switching from menu back to full screen mode. - Funny thing is that this only happens to me when using the

NGX but never when using any other PMDG aircraft or other 3rd party payware aircraft.

As regards FSX having a memory leak while in full screen mode, I have certainly never encountered this and

I fly in full screen mode all the time and during 8+ hours long hauls. I have had a couple of out of memory errors on FSX but they were due to damaged/badly designed sceneries and which never ocurred again after their removal.

My thinking is that if these problems occur only when flying a given aircraft, then there may well be an issue

or incompatibility between said aircraft and FSX/Win7 under certain conditions. Has PMDG looked into this

matter? - Find it strange that one should need to replace the UIAutomationCore.dll from an older OS to

allegedly solve an issue, which in my case at least remains unsolved after carrying out all the instructions

given.

The UIAutomation situationcauses problems via the user interface functions, like using the menus. So in theory if you leave them alone you don't get the CTD, but you need the menus. I installed the Nye Jones fix i mentioned earlier for this and had no problems at all since. The regular fix (copy to fsx directory) I still had a very minor few CTDs.

I just fixed a problem with my J41 by removing the dll and guage registration lines from fsx.cfg and loaded up a flight and let it reregister, the engines would not produce max torque, they do now.

If you only get problems with the 737 uncheck scenery and reduce the graphics and effects in the sim to fee up memory when you fly it, delete any new panelstate files created if you used the same flight file before the last fix/update was applied..

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com