Sign in to follow this  
av8ber

C337 and reality gns 530 not working with hsi on approaches

Hi: Just bought the reality xp GNS530 package and installed it into the 337 using the carenado rxp install utility. Everything works good except the gslope flag on the hsi stays up all the time and when I switch to vloc when it said to both the gslope and loc flags pop up thus not allowing me to use the hsi.. Any ideas.... I am fairly new with the gns530 package so if I have to edit a ini or cfg file please tell me where it is... Also installed it into the carenado 210 and it worked perfectly... uninstalled and reinstalled it back into the 337 and same thing happens... any help will be appreciated. Thanks Al

OK - so it works OK in the 210.. that is a start.

Question is, what is different in the C337... can you just step me through the sequence of your approach so that I can follow it here?

Do you get the glideslope indicator, but the flag stays up - or is the glideslope indicator missing when it should be there?

Bert

I just tried an ILS approach into 01L at KTPA, picture attached, and wonder

if you had the correct ILS frequency dialed in on the NAV1 radio = GNS530 NAV radio..?

Bert

Hi Bert: I think it is working properly... I just did 2 additional flights into differenent airports and it worked like it should have. Can you try an approach using it into KSUS Ils RWY 08 FTZ trans. and see if yours works ok at this airport.. Maybe Its just at this airport which happens to be my home based airport... The C210 still flys the approach OK at ksus... Don't figure.... In regards to how I fly the approach...What I do is select the approach using the gns530 and activate it.. fly to the IP with the GPS in nav Mode and alt set on autopilot. A message pops up on the 530 saying to select vloc on CDI for approach. I just wait until the autopilot ga/gs lights up and hit vor/ils to cancel nav function. Thanks for the quick reply..... Al

Works just fine - did you flip the NAV frequency before going to VLOC mode?

Bert

Hi Bert: Yes I switched the NAV frequency... I hate to be such a pain in the neck but It just will not work at KSUS RWY 08 ILS app. I attached a screen shot of it working at another airport in the are.. KALN RWY 29 ILS so I can proove its works at other airports... Makes me wonder if age is catching up with me... haha...Just one other question then I'm giving up on this particular problem... What was your frequency for the ILS RWY 08 approach in your sim... Mine is 111.1 even though on the new charts it shows 110.55. Don't know if this makes a difference or not . Could not find any files on avism that update the approaches at ksus.... Thanks for all the info and your time... Al

As you can tell from my screenshot, 111.1

Post a shot of your approach into KSUS RWY 08 ILS - that is not working!

BTW, suggest reducing your pictures to 1280 pixels, or the moderators will have a fit.. :O

Bert

Not sure I follow... when you switch to VLOC on the 530, you no longer have NAV selected on the autopilot..

What happened?

Bert

Bert: Thats exactly what happens every time... It only so far, happens at KSUS... when the message comes on to switch to VLOC with the CDI button this always happens and the NAV and NAV1/NAV2 light goes off and the GA/GS andVOR/LOC lights never come on... Guess its something in my system.... Thanks for all the advice and quick replys... Al

There is definitely something weird about your 111.1 ILS.

Your VOR2 head is also not registering any reception, and yet 111.1 is dialed in there as well.

Given that this is your home airport, have you possibly made some modification or installed

some airport enhancement? Maybe changed the ILS frequency to the newer value??

If so, the 530 would not know that - and the ILS in FSX and the ILS in the 530 would be out of synch..

Maybe try 110.55

Bert

Haven't made any changes to KSUS... Tried 110.55 and didn't work. Checked ILS frequency with ade and it shows 111.1.. It's really wierd because all the other aircraft that I fly work OK with that ILS... Carenado V35, RealAirDuke, etc.... A real Stumper... I also had another real stumper a while ago when I bought the FSD 337 and it worked great great till you hit the mouse button or keystroke.. No one could ever figure that one out not even their support... Just uninstalled it and went back to the Vtail..... Al

This is beginning to sound like the real world...

Sometimes things just do not work - for unknown reasons..

:unsure:

Bert