Sign in to follow this  
wyodeacon

View freeze

I recently had to reload XP and when I loaded FS9 I noticed a problem: On any add-on aircraft when I'm looking forward in the cockpit and try to look to the side or back my picture freezes and I have to wait for a few seconds before it comes back to the forward view. I have a Saitek X52 and this happens either using it or the number pad on the keyboard. I seem to be able to go to the views outside the aircraft (tower view, etc.) with no problems.

This doesn't happen with the default aircraft. I found that if I load FS9 in safe mode the problem also goes away. Also, if I delete the panel there is no problem.

I have updated all my drivers (my video card is a NVIDIA 8800GT) have tried calibrating my joystick, have deleted the fs config file and let it re-write, have uninstalled and reinstalled FS9, but none of these actions have worked.

I have a dell XPS desktop and windows xp pro. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Hello I hope you get your problem sorted here, I tried to help you over there ,(Pugthewiffy) but ran out of ideas.

Except! I have just had another one .Have you got an old joystick knocking about (obviously with hat-switch)You could try that and see if panning is OK with it. If it is then that would at least point to an issue with your Saitek X52 rather than something in FS9 itself.

I believe the Saitek you describe is quite a complex stick, did it come with any sort of software? if so perhaps you could try unin and rein that as well. Could there be updated software download available from the Saitek site? I seem to remember downloading updates for a Saitek Cyborg I once used.

Anyways hope you get it sorted soon.

Andy

Hello

Have you tried deleting an offending panel and then perhaps rein it again from scratch.

See what occurs.

A.

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

No I don't have an old joystick but this also happens when I use the keyboard. I did install the latest Saitek drivers. I tried loading an entirely new panel but it didn't help.

Thanks for responding. I'm kind of out of ideas myself.

Guest ram1220

I build and repair computers as well as simming. This sounds like a graphics driver problem. Are you using the same driver version that you were using before the reinstall of Windows XP? Also sometimes the newest driver is not always the best for Win XP and FS9. I use an ATI card and find a difference between driver versions in FS9. I also use Win XP for my FS9 hard drive as you do. Another thing to try is run an msconfig and "clear out" anything that doesn't need to be started when your computer boots up.

Thanks ram...I was searching AVSIM and found this thread from quite a while back. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/387745-fs2004-custom-panel-freeze-with-new-660-ti/

His problem was exactly the same as mine so I tried updating everything (again) but it still didn't work. So...I formatted my HD and started all over. I just loaded FS9 this morning and tried it out and the problem isn't as bad but still there. What I mean by this is that when I first load a flight it is frozen on the forward view and nothing will work. If I wait a few seconds it will clear up then about 3/4 the time seems to work ok. The other forth means it will freeze once or twice more then resolve and be ok.

I'm still working on it but it gets pretty frustrating. I have a dell laptop so I downloaded the video driver from thier site. I think I'll go to NVIDIA and get the latest and greatest and see what it will do.

I appreciate your help. BTW, I was using exactly the same driver versions as when it worked before. One of my problems is that on the Dell disk (drivers, etc) it has several drivers I don't need and it's hard to figure out which ones to use. Same as when I go to Dell's support site. They tell me I need several drivers that, when I try to install them tell me there is no program associated with them.

This is probably a different effect, but if you are usng the ENB bloom modification, there is a delay setting in there that can cause a lag when switching views...

Geoff